11/9/2001 - Where were you?

*Ryan*

I was doing some uni work on my pc at the time. I switched on the TV to watch the second tower be hit in real time and then spent the rest of the day emailing a friend who was doing the same.

I still have all of those emails too.

I was at work looking on the net when someone told me what had happened so I went to a news website cant remember which one and was watched a video which showed the second plane hit, it wasnt live but at that point I was only aware of one plane hitting so it came as a bit of a shock.

They've bombed America", he said. "It's World War Three, I'll be called up. I'm an army reservist, I'll be sent to war".

"What's happened", I said. "Go and look on the telly", he replied, "it's World War Three, it's started".

I switched on the TV in time to see the plane crash into the second tower.

perceptive fellow. Just about everybody, in New York and elsewhere, only realised for absolutely sure it was a hostile act when the second plane hit the tower. Up until then, nobody knew whether it wasn't just an accident, like the time in the 1940s when a plane had gotten lost in fog and crashed into the Empire State Building.

Archived