School Uniform - Are you for or against?

Should there be a school uniform  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a school uniform

• All school children should wear uniforms
    • All high school children should wear uniform
    • Only private school children should wear a uniform
    • School uniform should be optional but not compulsory
    • There should not be school uniform for any children
    • Other (because there's always an "other") :)

Of course you are against uniforms. School uniforms can represent tradition and discipline, things which are anathema to someone like you who idolizes this tool>http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40863000/jpg/_40863793_robinson_203.jpg

:nono:

You have jumped to the wrong conclusions regarding my user name!

I realise that you've only been a member of the forum since last month, so here is a post of mine from 2007 to help you understand my user name....

redrobbo (please note lower case) is a corruption of my surname combined with with party political afilliation. It was nickname given to me by the late father of my closest friend, and over the years it kind of stuck with me. :rolleyes: So, when I joined the forum, I chose my nick-name as my forum name.

RedRobbo (please note upper case) was indeed a Communist shop steward at British Leyland cars in Coventry, famous for bringing the workers out on strike. There is no resemblance or connection between RedRobbo and redrobbo, and I am indeed "nowt like the original". :hihi:

One last point, how dare you suggest that I am against discipline? :huh: I am a firm believer in discipline, both in the home and at school.

NB. It is etiquette to ask, rather than jump to conclusions. Otherwise you make yourself look a right chump. :roll:

:nono:

You have jumped to the wrong conclusions regarding my user name!

I realise that you've only been a member of the forum since last month, so here is a post of mine from 2007 to help you understand my user name....

One last point, how dare you suggest that I am against discipline? :huh: I am a firm believer in discipline, both in the home and at school.

NB. It is etiquette to ask, rather than jump to conclusions. Otherwise you make yourself look a right chump. :roll:

A lot of your posts do have 'letist' overtones, and with a username like redrobbo.... well.....i'l take your word for it.

:cool:

It never ceases to amaze me how little time it takes for a perfectly innocent discussion to be turned into posters trying to make politcal capital from the subject.....

The comment made about the people working in the sweatshops for less than a dollar a day, was purile to say the least,however take that work away by not buying the goods and they will earn nothing per day.

I am fully aware that the practice is wrong,but I like everyone else in this country cannot do diddly about it...

As far as redrobbo is concerned,then with a name like that yes you will attract the suggestions that you are ultra left wing,and especially with the comments you made in your post.....I don't know how many in the forum remember Red Robbo...he was the communist union leader at British Leyland and it could be said that it was him that was responsible for the demise of the British Motor industry......

None of this nonsense about pockets on the back or whatever, we all know that sort of stuff is a scam to get you into particular shops. As long as the style is "smart" it shouldn't matter as to the design.

If only, at our school you have to buy the tops from the school as they won't allow the old sow on badges and insist you have to buy their tops with the badge pre sewn into the material. That alone enough for me to be against it all.

How can they justyfi changing the rules for them to corner the market and earn extra revinue from us ? just becasue they can ?

It never ceases to amaze me how little time it takes for a perfectly innocent discussion to be turned into posters trying to make politcal capital from the subject.....

The comment made about the people working in the sweatshops for less than a dollar a day, was purile to say the least,however take that work away by not buying the goods and they will earn nothing per day.

I am fully aware that the practice is wrong,but I like everyone else in this country cannot do diddly about it...As far as redrobbo is concerned,then with a name like that yes you will attract the suggestions that you are ultra left wing,and especially with the comments you made in your post.....I don't know how many in the forum remember Red Robbo...he was the communist union leader at British Leyland and it could be said that it was him that was responsible for the demise of the British Motor industry......

Err... on a bit of a tangent...but I think thats quite untrue...if you wanted to enough, you could try, there are plenty of people campaigning and using their own money and time to work to make things better for people in sweatshops. We have power by virtue of our own spending power, and because we have access to books and newspapers and the internet.

in favour of uniform

stops one up manship lets people know which school it is when trouble starts out side school ie park staff bus crews i have witness both ,and uniform could identifi culprits so sch could be informed __used to be. i was informed a short while ago that out side sch was nothing to do with present head you should have my old headteacher on that subject

Archived