School Uniform - Are you for or against?

Should there be a school uniform  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a school uniform

• All school children should wear uniforms
    • All high school children should wear uniform
    • Only private school children should wear a uniform
    • School uniform should be optional but not compulsory
    • There should not be school uniform for any children
    • Other (because there's always an "other") :)

I get your point but you try telling that to one of the doorman down town.

A doorman needs a uniform as such to distiguish who they are and that they are the authority, the "guests" may have to have a dress code which is what they Idealy should wear, its the doormans discrection.

The difference with a club and a school iis quite a big one, like you have to send your kids to a school, and ussually dont want them out in a club.

That and at least the doormen at the club have a uniform to show authority and lead by example, cant say that about schools.

• 1 year later...
I did a quick search but couldn't find anything, so I started this one (if there was a similar thread and I missed it, I'm sure somebody could do a merge...)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there is a debate in another section around the recent Star article where children were sent home from school for not obeying the rules (which some people viewed as too strict) on the uniform.

To avoid being told off for going off the original topic, I thought I'd start this thread to ask, following on from that topic, what people thought about school uniforms in general. Are they a good thing, are they a bad thing, are they necessary, should they be abolished, and do they do the job that they are claimed to be there for?

... say's a Goth who flaunt their "together-ness" more than any sub-culture! :(

Archived