New Yates's in Barkers pool?

1960boy

I think you will find the answer to the OP's question is actually Yes. I walked past RSVP at half past six last Sunday, and there was a poster up saying it was closing at 6pm that day, and was re-opening as a Yates on the 24th or something like that.

misread the OP :P

Just can't believe it. We get rid of the dump only to have another come back a few years later. Of all the chain pubs, we get Yates'. What about Slug and Fiddle or Pitcher and Piano....?

an over priced snobbish bar? no thanks, we have all bar one already, thats enough.

an over priced snobbish bar? no thanks, we have all bar one already, thats enough.

And you would rather have Yates'? And anyway, both Slug and fiddle and Slug and Lettuce do reasonably priced food and drink. £7-£9 for a main meal and £13 for a bottle of wine is kind of average rather than overpriced.

Ideally I would rather have an independent bar, but, as I said in my post, of all the chain pubs I would rather have a P&P or S&L.

And you would rather have Yates'? And anyway, both Slug and fiddle and Slug and Lettuce do reasonably priced food and drink. £7-£9 for a main meal and £13 for a bottle of wine is kind of average rather than overpriced.

Ideally I would rather have an independent bar, but, as I said in my post, of all the chain pubs I would rather have a P&P or S&L.

can't stand these rip off bars to be honest. i'd rather have somewhere cheaper to keep the prices in the area down, yes. £13 for a bottle of wine is average? rubbish.

Archived