Anyone from maltby street school?

Shem

:wow::shocked:

oh, dear, that's sad.

(and I stand corrected, Stefan, Lynblu, my apologies.)

Yes it is....I had some photos of it too but I don't know where I've put them (for safe keeping :roll:) I was Head Girl just before I left in 57.

Just thought.People seem to be saying they went to Malby street for about 10 years but as far as i remember you started there at 5 years old and then went on to senior school at aged 11. Park house for instance. Was Maltby street also a senior school in the 50s then.

Just thought.People seem to be saying they went to Malby street for about 10 years but as far as i remember you started there at 5 years old and then went on to senior school at aged 11. Park house for instance. Was Maltby street also a senior school in the 50s then.

Yes it was.....I started there aged 5.....1947 then left in 51 ish to go to Woodthorpe but only cos my parents moved house. However my mom missed Attercliffe so much they moved back to just opposite where we'd been before and I just resumed my education at Maltby St. The infants were downstairs and the juniors and seniors were upstairs.

I was in Jack Beech's class when I left in 1957.

We took the 11+ and if you passed, then you moved on to either a secondary or grammar school. (I failed so I stayed)

I seem to remember we didn't have forms then so it would have just been first year, second year and so on up to 4th year.

Oh and the headmaster was Mr Dunkley when I started and Mr. Thompson when I left......

It was known as Maltby Street Council School as well

Edited by Joanl
addition