Anyone from maltby street school?

Shem

Was that Eric Evans? My dad :)

We will be celebrating his 80th birthday in April.

Great to Know he is still going ,yes it must have been your dad he left a great impresion with me he was a teacher who cared for kids and put a lot into his teaching ask him about the cycling to roche abbey, my name roy fretwell left about 1956 aged 15 ,good memories.

Great to Know he is still going ,yes it must have been your dad he left a great impresion with me he was a teacher who cared for kids and put a lot into his teaching ask him about the cycling to roche abbey, my name roy fretwell left about 1956 aged 15 ,good memories.

He says:-

"I remember roy well, and Roche abbey

fair haired lad, blue eyes, good worker

Mr Thompson was the head teacher

Miss Worrall was the deputy I think

Miss Marriott

Miss Buxton"

• 6 months later...
He says:-

"I remember roy well, and Roche abbey

fair haired lad, blue eyes, good worker

Mr Thompson was the head teacher

Miss Worrall was the deputy I think

Miss Marriott

Miss Buxton"

Buxton was the Domestic Science teacher.

You also had,

Gill, Worrall, Slack,Hill, Goldstone, Bennett etc.

Was in the same class as june, roy fretwell

Only just seen this....yes I remember you, well your name anyway. I thought you were in the same year as me but I think June was a little younger and I left Easter 1957.

Remember the ones that always seemed to be in trouble and were forever getting the cane? I often wonder how they grew up and did it leave any lasting marks on them. Were they bad or just unlucky?:hihi:

I attended Maltby Street School from 1952 to 1962

Eric Evans was a science teacher I think.

I remember the Heads being Dunkly, Thompson, Wild.

Flippin eck....there were no Science Lessons when I was there :hihi:I left in 57. I remember Jack Beech. He arranged for me to sit in with the lads for logerithm lessons. ( the girls didn't do them) He felt that I could have a future in electronics for some reason and that was the way things were going to be. Well he was right about the second part of that but Arithmatic in any form was always rather alien to me. I've managed quite well without it thank you very much :hihi: