Wedding Cheesecake

We are now in finally in planing mode for our wedding since our little tit for tatt with the family (about my last thread i did about 1 weddings 2 familys).

Any hoooo i wonder if anyone can help us. Has my last thread says i am not big into tradition on weddings i like something different for ours. Now wile i was eating cheesecake at our engagement BBQ party, it sprung to me how much the famiy and including myself love this cake. So i thought i wonder if you could have a wedding cake 3 tiered of more made out of cheesecake has i never been to or seen a wedding with one.

We like one insted of a normal wedding cake, as many dont like fruit my OH is allergic to jams so really it is not fair on him if we have a sponge one, we did talk about a chocolate one. And to my joy on the internet you can have this cake, But i dont know anywhear that does this kind of cake this size i only seen normal wedding cakes in shops. so has yourself or anyone you know had this kind of cake made for big day, or anyone know that does them this big and style. I know we could probly easy buy the size cakes and do them ourself into a 3 or more tierd, but we like them to look a lill diffrent then it just looking like it came out of a box.

This is the site i have found and all look lush, now we just got to think what flavour.

http://www.cheesecake.co.uk/shop/bigcommitment

WOW just had a look at the site and it's fantastic! My mouth is watering already! I wouldn't have dreamed that they did all this, what a brilliant idea for an alternative to the traditional wedding cake.

I saw somewhere (i'm sure you'll find them if you google) they were like vodka ice ski-slopes, can't remember the name of them now, but i'd googled ice sculpture and found them, they sounds fantastic too!

WOW just had a look at the site and it's fantastic! My mouth is watering already! I wouldn't have dreamed that they did all this, what a brilliant idea for an alternative to the traditional wedding cake.

I saw somewhere (i'm sure you'll find them if you google) they were like vodka ice ski-slopes, can't remember the name of them now, but i'd googled ice sculpture and found them, they sounds fantastic too!

I think i know what you mean when you said vodka, is it a luge?, it may be like a friend had but he had jagermeister in his, it was a ice sculpture of a card with his age on (i belive it was a card :confused: ) and you pour the drink in to chill it, and agree do look nice.

That's it, a Luge (not sure how you pronounce it)! I'd love to get something different as a surprise for my daughters wedding but knowing how much some of her friends (and mine) drink they might all be legless a bit too quickly!

I love the idea of having a champagne fountain but not the sort where the glasses are all piled up, i'd love a proper fountain flowing constantly so that people could top up whenever they wanted, but not found anywhere that does it yet... :D

What a brill idea :)

We're looking to get married next year (picked a date but that's as far as we've got) and are just planning on getting a couple of those £10 Costco cakes.

Did you settle on a football club for your venue?

Hope your planning your perfect day - your way!

Having only ever been to rock clubs (apart from the odd works night out) all my adult life I think I would hate the thought of a pop dj at my wedding :(

When are you getting married hon?

What a brill idea :)

We're looking to get married next year (picked a date but that's as far as we've got) and are just planning on getting a couple of those £10 Costco cakes.

Did you settle on a football club for your venue?

Hope your planning your perfect day - your way!

Having only ever been to rock clubs (apart from the odd works night out) all my adult life I think I would hate the thought of a pop dj at my wedding :(

When are you getting married hon?

hi SallySal

We not set a date yet but a month has we making sure we can have wedding we want and get things we need and price stuff up, or if not then it will be a reg office then party els where. But we hopeing for next year aug/sep time when all kids off school gives us chance to do final things. Not seen the costco cakes, wel dont know were one is to be honest lol but i see if i can find the place have a look. but i wish your day to be a happy one.

if you pm vikj (think thats the right name) she makes cakes, and has offered to make me a three tier cheesecake at a 1/3 of the price of other sites. I really wnat the strawberry shortbread one, yum yum!

Thank you weenireeni i will see if i can find her name in the members list and PM her.

Archived