How long was it before you met partner's family?

If he isn't supportive when you're going through something as harrowing as losing a baby then you deserve better and you should move on from him without even looking back.

I have been in abusive relationships and I know that moving on is easier said than done when you're struggling with low self esteem and emotional problems, but being alone can't possibly be any worse than being dangled on a string for years, can it? At least you know where you stand.

Realy sorry your so down and unhappy and without meaning to sound uncaring it will get better once you have decided to make the break,It obviously hurts like hell at the moment and I think the way he has treated you stinks.

But now you know in your mind how harshly he has treated you hopefully it will enable you to slowly move on if you ever want a chat pm me by the way i am a female in my 40s and have a willing ear

take care and good luck

seadog x

I introduced my partner to my parents about a year and 3 months after meeting him. in fairness when we met I didnt see things lasting so didnt want him being involved with my family.

as for his, about a year. but dont really see them anyway as much as i do mine.

I never met my ex's family...............why oh why did a light bulb go off at that point!!!!! He was a complete and utter control freak in the end. Luckily for me managed to get away before too much damage was done.

We went out for about 4 months

Well me and my boyfriend met online through a website and had a long distance relationship for just over a year, I would mostly travel up here to Yorkshire to see him and he hates london so much and I cant blame him really!!

My family have met him as in a quick hello for like 2 minutes but nothing more, They know that they'll get to see him one day but right now it's just hard being quite a way from them all. I'm hoping around Christmas they will all get to meet properly but even then it's work commitment first because it just can't be helped.

My family know how serious we are together, We both know we're together for good so that's all that matters really.

• 2 months later...
so guess what hes DUMPED

nothing has changed, still not met his parents
So you've still kept on with him then and this sorry affair is now into its eighth year?

I've just read this thread and, you know, there'd be nothing wrong with any of it if it was what you wanted, but it obviously isn't? How many more years are you going to waste on it and be unhappy?

I was just friends with my husband before I started a relationship with him, so I'd already met his parents. I once went out with this guy who kept me away from his house, so also he kept me away from his family, I asked him straight, what the problem was, it turned out, he was ashamed of his house as it was messy and didnt want to lose me, as though I gave a damn :loopy:
I had an ex like that... I said well if that's what you think about me let's forget it.... I mean I live at Parson Cross I am far from a snob... he believed me eventually that it was him I wanted not the state of his house.... all ended though.

Archived