How long was it before you met partner's family?

nothing has changed, still not met his parents, my friends say be careful what you wish for.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Horsemad....what are you still doing there, girl? Forget that you have 'wasted' 7 years of your life, as you put it. It is unimportant. I have had two failed relationships of that length. As have many people. It is not a waste, it is just 'life'. If you think 7 years is a waste, what the hell are you going to say about 8 years? How unhappy does he have to make you before you leave? You have said nothing positive about this guy. In fact, it sounds a farce.

Making the decision to leave is the hard bit, but I promise you, the leaving is the easy part. For heavens sake, please do not stick around and have a baby with this guy. It will still not work, and then you are bringing a third person in to the equation, whose life you are going to mess up, along with yours on an even grander scale.

You need to find your self-esteem, self-respect, self-worth. Do not waste a second longer on this guy. How can you love someone who treats you like that? You are in love with what you want him to be, not what he is. Give yourself some time alone to find yourself again. It is amazing how much good this can do. Then, when you are ready, and the time is right, you may find Mr Right, who will treat you with respect!

I met his mum after 2 months together. I've still to meet his dad, as he lives in Chesterfield and my OH doesn't see much of him himself.

His brother works and lives abroad in Hong Kong, so I'm thinking that might be a while.....

Horsemad....what are you still doing there, girl? Forget that you have 'wasted' 7 years of your life, as you put it. It is unimportant. I have had two failed relationships of that length. As have many people. It is not a waste, it is just 'life'. If you think 7 years is a waste, what the hell are you going to say about 8 years? How unhappy does he have to make you before you leave? You have said nothing positive about this guy. In fact, it sounds a farce.

Making the decision to leave is the hard bit, but I promise you, the leaving is the easy part. For heavens sake, please do not stick around and have a baby with this guy. It will still not work, and then you are bringing a third person in to the equation, whose life you are going to mess up, along with yours on an even grander scale.

You need to find your self-esteem, self-respect, self-worth. Do not waste a second longer on this guy. How can you love someone who treats you like that? You are in love with what you want him to be, not what he is. Give yourself some time alone to find yourself again. It is amazing how much good this can do. Then, when you are ready, and the time is right, you may find Mr Right, who will treat you with respect!

I do have lots of positives about him, but i was really on a downer when i wrote this,

i bet your all laughing at me.

i dont live with this guy, he still lives with his parents, thats why i think he gets on with them as why would you stay with them if you didnt.

I do have lots of positives about him, but i was really on a downer when i wrote this,

i dont live with this guy, he still lives with his parents, thats why i think he gets on with them as why would you stay with them if you didnt.

He's probably married.

Lots of reasons such as the responsibility of having your own place, paying your bills, taking care of the house (or not as some would prefer it), and companionship. If he still lives with his family then he is pretty safe from being dumped and left struggling - which is something he really cannot guarentee by getting into a place with someone who may or may not last a lifetime.

Lots of reasons for remaining at home, regardless of whether you get on with family or not. Perhaps at home he spends all his time in his room to avoid them?

Anyhow - yeah - forgot what the topic was about now.

Dragon of Ana

Girls, when you hear:

"I'd like you to meet my mum" :)

what you should be hearing is:

"I'd like to you meet the devil incarnate, who will hate you because you are the evil woman who is getting naked with her precious little boy every now and then. Within a few minutes, you will realise why I am so emotionally mucked up and why I have those hang-ups with X, Y, and Z. Oedipus eat your heart out."

Run like hell when you hear those words, and never look back. I aspire to be the kind of girl who is never taken back to meet the parents.

Girls, when you hear:

"I'd like you to meet my mum" :)

what you should be hearing is:

"I'd like to you meet the devil incarnate, who will hate you because you are the evil woman who is getting naked with her precious little boy every now and then. Within a few minutes, you will realise why I am so emotionally mucked up and why I have those hang-ups with X, Y, and Z. Oedipus eat your heart out."

Run like hell when you hear those words, and never look back. I aspire to be the kind of girl who is never taken back to meet the parents.

I'm yet to meet the Mum that can out evil me, they all seem to know that there's only room for one satanic bitch in any relationship and I'm better at it than most.

I've not met the new blokes parents yet, there have been talks though so I can't imagine it's going to be much longer...

Please dont try and have a baby with this man.

6 years and not an ounce of commitment... no no no you can do better.

Archived