If homeopathy works .. I'll drink my own wee

Osteopathy is closely related to physiotherapy

So is rolfing

and not at all similar to Chiropracty, I wouldn't include it in a list of unproven and suspect types of treatment.

I would. I would single out cranial osteopathy for particular inclusion on that list in fact.

didnt people use this type of medcine centuries before doctors came along?

i have suffered for years with gout and an old lady told me last week to take apple cider vinegar ,honey and water ,it brought down the swelling faster than the alopurinol drug the doctor prescribed me years ago so yes i believe some old stuff really works,after all its the same stuff that the modern day tablets are based on in most cases

The placebo affect will only take place if you honestly believe that the treatment is going to work.

So we could say that homeopathy will only have an affect on the ignorant or stupid.

Well then it seems as though the dumb dumbs are having the last laugh, seeing as they're being cured and all the poindexters aren't. :hihi:

i have suffered for years with gout and an old lady told me last week to take apple cider vinegar ,honey and water ,it brought down the swelling faster than the alopurinol drug the doctor prescribed me years ago so yes i believe some old stuff really works,after all its the same stuff that the modern day tablets are based on in most cases

Nothing homeopathic about that remedy. Natural, yes, homeopathetic, no.

Not totally true. Some studies have shown an effect even after the subjects were told they were only getting sugar pills!!

A bit out of date, but linky please, I don't believe I've ever seen any evidence to suggest that homeopathy works. Everything I've ever read has said the opposite.

So is rolfing

I would. I would single out cranial osteopathy for particular inclusion on that list in fact.

I've never heard of that distinction to be honest. Osteopathy with regards to physical injury makes a lot of sense.

Osteopathy is an approach to healthcare that emphasizes the role of the musculoskeletal system in health and disease.

As I said, it's closely related to physiotherapy, but not to Chiropracty. And that said, even chiropracty as commonly practised in the UK offers short term relieve from physical symptoms.

Maybe it would help if you explained what you think Osteopathy is, and I could do the same, I expect that we have a different understanding of what we think we're talking about and hence our differing views.

Herbal remedies do indeed work and, as you say, many modern medicines work with the same ingredients & compounds.

Homeopathy though, is different. It's just water - diluted to the point where there isn't even a single molecule of the diluted substance left, which even its supporters freely admit. I heard this week that Italians have a phrase meaning 'nothing' - fried air. Homeopathy's the watery equivalent to fried air.

What's never explained is that if water could memorize what it's been in contact with, how come it doesn't carry powerful doses of all the materials and germs and other foul substances it's come into contact with on its journey?

Or does the diluting wash it all off? :help:

Archived