Sky digital warranty scam

cc87

This seems to be an ongoing scam and you would think with all the millions that Sky has in its coffers it would hunt down and take legal steps to close it down for good.

I mean no disrespect but there are lots of people out there who are perhaps not as "street wise" as you and it is those people that get targeted and then fleeced by this scum.

It seems a sad indictment of todays world that these companies are so easy to set up and prosper.

but they do seem to be phone Sky (or ex Sky) customers, which kinda indicates Sky have passed peoples details onto them.

We don't know how many non-Sky customers have been contacted..they might just be doing loads of cold calls..I would suspect a large proportion of the UK is either a Sky customer or has been one..

My parents get at least one call per day from 'nuisance' callers, such as computer technicians, PPI, ambulance chasers. They are registered with the TPS but doesn't seem to make a difference. Fortunately they usually say they are going to turn the TV down and leave the phone off the hook until the caller hangs up. I'm sure there are people though who are taken in by these calls.

It's worrying that they have obtained your details from Sky somehow.

That maybe not the case.

I had a similar call this morning : they knew my Christian and surname, but I've never been a Sky customer.

I pretty soon realised the purpose of the call, so went along with the conversation for a while, even making up my account details (which the caller agreed were correct and matched their records!)

In the end I admitted that the Sky equipment was indeed at my address, but that the account was held in the landlord's name and they should contact him.

Sincere apologies to anyone who is really called "Juan Kerr"....

I never see the point in people getting these warranties on their Sky box.... If they fail within a year they get replaced anyway and if it's after the year you can just pay £60 for an engineer visit and if your box is broke you get a replacement off Sky as part of the £60 charge!!!!

Alternatively someone with a bit of knowhow could just pick a replacement box up off ebay for less than £100 if required too.

How much do people end up paying per month for the warranty?!?!?!?!