Finding the funk

baldie76

Can anyone suggest some good funk and soul nights in and around sheffield? Preferably one were people dance till the early hours. Been looking at listings and find occasional mentions, but no idea if they're any good.

Hiya, this is just the question I wanted to post but I thought I'd do a quick search to see if anyone else had enquired. I see there was no replies - shame. If there is anyone out there who knows of any good soul nights I'd be very interested. I'm more interested in 80's soul/funk rather than latter day RnB stuff. I'm not holding out much hope but you never know! All the best!

Glad to see I'm not alone. I'm a bit of a craig charles regular as he plays a good selection. Like the old stuff that's got a bit of wellie, and also some of the new stuff which reminds me of my 90's house music days (check out myspace.com/goodgrooverecords).

I've got a small funk record collection, but not enough to set up a night. Wonder of there's anything outside of sheffield?

Hi - looking for a good soul and funk night?

Sylvester's at Leopold Square is starting a monthly Soul night from Friday

September 25th. There will be plenty of classic soul and funk tracks from

the 80s on offer. The anthems and some more underground tracks.

Sylvesters has a Soul/Funk/Disco/Motown music policy at the weekends

anyway but this night, tagged SOUL 360, is for the real soul music lovers

out there!

Archived