Springvale - Commonside

M_Woodward

Been in the Springvale 4 times since it reopened one comment the bar staff are very unfreindly even the owner doesn't talk to the customers.

I am very concerned that you feel this way, we try to make everyone feel welcome, although it is impossible to speak to everyone. In the bar staffs defence, nerves are still running on a high as none of the staff we have taken on have worked behind a bar before and are working hard on trying to get the drink delivery part spot on, I wouldn't say they were unfriendly just a little unsure of themselves at the moment but each day they are getting better, and given time they will be perfect at multi tasking :) As for the owner, who exactly do you mean as there has also been a relief manager in there since we re opened. On the whole we have had a lot of positive comments but I appreciate all comments good or bad as there is always room for improvement in any establishment.

Claire

Went in here the other night for the first time. Nice and fresh now. But my gosh the lights are far too bright...felt like we were in a canteen or something! Some nice cozy lighting would be better, especially now coming to Winter.

The bar-staff seemed petrified but were by no means un-friendly. The young lad who served us was very pleasant and friendly despite clearly being nervous.

It all sounded so positive until you said that you were showing sports.

The hunt continues for another pub, that's not a dive and doesn't show sports.

Unfortunately showing sports = more customers = more money. Gotta be done in todays pub climate. There'll be plenty of times you can still go when there is no sports on (I'm not a fan either!!!) Support the local pubs!

Archived