So what is everyone doing over Freshers Weekend?

goldenfleece

What will you be doing/thinking during Freshers Week?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing/thinking during Freshers Week?

• AVOIDING City Centre and student zones like the plague!
    • Not bothered, will go to my usual favourite places, students or not
    • Will be out on the pull looking for interesting new arrivals to Sheffield
    • Sit at home with a towel over your head and wait for freshers week to pass....
    • I think students are the life blood of Sheffield and they deserve to have a good time
    • I don't think much of students in general and prefer to pretend they are not there at all

All the doormen on West Street looked very miserable when I drove up there earlier....perhaps the thought of impending Freshers week is a dreaded time for most door staff, ID checking all the new 18 yr olds in town and dealing with those who cant take their beer and who turn into raving maniacs after 2 pints of John Smiths:hihi:.......and of course they have all the usual Derby day mob to cope with tomorrow night too......it must be tough this time of year, so not all fun and games for everyone

hi goldenfleece

the only pubs in broomhill that were busy on friday before ten when i was in broomhill was the place and the broomhill tavern due to the footie on sky,both were rammed.the fox,nottie and york were quiet early on but i went to town later.

do you think its a good idea though saying on line about how much cash you took over the weekend at the york as there are some very unscrupulous people out there who are not as honest as most of us.

i am plesed though that one of my regular haunts is hopefully coming back to life.

do you think its a good idea though saying on line about how much cash you took over the weekend at the york as there are some very unscrupulous people out there who are not as honest as most of us.

i am plesed though that one of my regular haunts is hopefully coming back to life.

actually it was mainly credit card sales........students seem to prefer handing over the plastic these days.....

hi goldenfleece

the only pubs in broomhill that were busy on friday before ten when i was in broomhill was the place and the broomhill tavern due to the footie on sky,both were rammed.the fox,nottie and york were quiet early on but i went to town later.

Yeah Friday was average....it was Saturday that went mental...I never count Friday as a weekend because its simply a day in the week....

Yes about 10 billion of the lovely little creatures have been released into Sheffield......I think they are breeding already.....lol

was such a shock driving through the city centre late last night....they were everywhere!!

had to drive at like 2mph so that i didn't run over any of them :hihi:

amd had to check the date - thinking - is it a sat night or what?? :shocked:

Archived