Kitchen cupboard roller shutters, help please!

A couple of years ago we had a new kitchen fitted by Interior Designs of Dronfield, they also had a shop on Chesterfield Road, sadly they've since closed down.

As part of the kitchen we had a cupboard with a chrome looking roller/shutter door, the door has now broken and finding out how to fix it or replace it has been a bit of a nightmare. There is a company name on the shutter door but they refuse to deal with the public and shoved us in the direction of our nearest stockists - a kitchen shop in Halifax... or london! The stockists told us they can't sell the door on it's own and it would have to be part of a complete unit at the cost of £200+ which we simply can't afford.

Does anyone know anywhere that can make these roller shutters to size or who actually sell them seperately from the whole cupboard unit?

:help:

whats the name on the shutter door?

i should be able to source one for you

Dongle, the shutter information is Rauvolet Metallic-Line and if it means anything there is some sort of code on there too - FE 02 52 03 35306A.

The shutter is 50cm wide by 120cm long. I don't know if it's possible but if I could I'd also like to do the same thing to another cupboard in my kitchen which is 60cm wide and only 50cm long?

Cheers

:thumbsup:

I had my kitchen fitted two years ago from Corner Kitchens, which is on the corner of Mansfield Road and Woodhouse Road. I remember in their catalogue, they had a cupboard which had a roller shutter door. I know the size might be different, but they maybe can alter to fit, as they do the actual cupboards.

Might be worth a try if you get stuck. I know they have another branch as well, but can't remember where it is.

there are loads of different types of shutter doors avaliable

most kitchen companies who dont make there own units will buy pre made units with the shutter already fitted.

if the shutter is totally broken then you can simply replace it with a new one, although if its only one component of the door thats broken then its going to be cheaper to just buy the broken component

leave it with me i shall have a look in some of our trade books when im in work tomorow, we all buy from the same companies so unless its something out of the ordinary i should be able to source one

did you ring rauvolet direct?

This is what I love about SF - helpful and friendly people supporting each other. Good one :)

• 4 years later...
whats the name on the shutter door?

i should be able to source one for you

Hello

We have a roller shutter that has split was told at Ikea I need to replace the whole unit but wondered if you could help? It is a Ausikt Roll front kitchen cupboard in aluminium.

l

Archived