Trouble at the casbah?

ianm

Hi,

The very first time I went to the Casbah there was a fight going on at the doors (about 6 mnts ago).

I understand that the bouncers have a job to do but when one of the guys who were fighting tried to get inside, the bouncer clothes lined him and started kicking him repeatedly in the head....not nice!!! I don't know if things such as this generally just occur most often at weekends because have been since on weekdays and the atmosphere was totally different (i.e. nice!).

Haven't witnessed any trouble anywhere else!

Clair x

the casbah has got better, It used to be done by ACE securities, who are the worst thugs in the business. Its now done by a better security firm.

There is still the odd BBC or OCS football huligan in there, but the bouncers keep the peace well.

Originally posted by Pete1024

There is still the odd BBC or OCS football huligan in there, but the bouncers keep the peace well.

don't mean anything, when sham 69 played corp we had the above in plus combat 18, no trouble all night, so just because someone belongs to such a group don't mean it's going to be wall to wall violence all night

The Casbar is like any club, you can find trouble if your looking. The club still has it's fair share of hooligans but you really need to avaiod most of the people wearing Stone Island gear (look for the patch on the left arm of clothing).

If your downstairs be carefull not to get too involved in the moshing when tracks by band like Nirvana, Tenpole Tudor and Sham 69 come on. Stay to th sides of the dance floor and on the whoile you won;t get involved in anything which may start up. Most of the 'big' lads will just mosh with each other, and be warned you'll notice a few of the bouncers on the edge of the dance floor encouraging the moshing!!!!

If you want a good night just go downstairs and dance on the edges of the dance floor, I haven't seen any real trouble in over a year.

With regards to Charles Street, saw about 4 hoolivans parked outside the other Saturday night!!!!

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Ive only seen trouble in the Casbah once, that was around xmas time, about 2, maybe 3 years ago. Went in with some people from work, and someone (not one of our lot BTW) jumped over the bar, and ran along the back smashing all the spirit bottles with a stick. Bouncers knocked him to the floor and got the police in, had to close the pub after that cos of all the broken glass everywhere.

• 7 years later...

Archived