Dunham bridge toll

• 2 years later...

I use the Dunham Bridge quite regularly and at 30p it was not a small fortune. Signs have been up for a while now advising that due to an EU ruling VAT must be paid from 1st April 2012. I was ready for this today and had 40p ready in 20p's and 10p's only to find that it now costs 36p. This was between the daily rush hours and not surprisingly there was a fair size queue as the toll booth operators had to dish out odd change to everyone. I asked why it had not been rounded up to 40p to minimise the queues and the operator said that the government would not allow it and that the evening rush hour would be interesting! Probably best to avoid it at rush hour until the regular commuters have saved up some 2p pieces :roll:

Oh behave people, a few pence to cross a bridge that saves you how many miles to avoid it ?? Craigmason you are a tightwad sir. Try running from Waddington airshow to Newark then up the A616 to Barlborough and see how much the extra fuel will cost you... tisk tisk what a pointless pityfull thread.

Oh behave people, a few pence to cross a bridge that saves you how many miles to avoid it ?? Craigmason you are a tightwad sir. Try running from Waddington airshow to Newark then up the A616 to Barlborough and see how much the extra fuel will cost you... tisk tisk what a pointless pityfull thread.

I once tried to avoid the Humber bridge, and got myself a 3 hour drive instead!

Archived