Pubs and Bars on Fright Night?

libuse

i might organise something on fright night... what you all after? cheap drinks and halloween decerations? thriller type music?

Just something a bit in keeping with the event - there's 30,000 people wandering about outside mostly in halloween fancy dress, so it would be great if any of the bars nearby got into the spirit of it. Last year Ruskins had pumpkin lanterns on every table, low lighting, a dry ice machine and music that was appropriate (everything form a few old spooky goth standards to Monster Mash!). I think that the event is great, but do like to combine it with having a few beers as well!

sorry got confused with Halloween!!!!!

Ah! I reckon lots of places will be doing something on the 31st, but it always suprises me how little the pubs and bars seem to get involved with Fright night, which (I don't think) has fallen on the 31st yet. I'm sure there's a big market there to be tapped into

Several things...

pleased fright night is a whole week early as i'm away the weekend after and i don't like missing it.

We usually have a few forummers meet up ... indeed, several of us went to Ruskins last year where i formed a lasting relationship (well about five days) with one of the pumpkins.

Aw- sad about Ruskins... it's quite a good bar pre and post theatre.. when did it shut?

Several things...

pleased fright night is a whole week early as i'm away the weekend after and i don't like missing it.

We usually have a few forummers meet up ... indeed, several of us went to Ruskins last year where i formed a lasting relationship (well about five days) with one of the pumpkins.

Aw- sad about Ruskins... it's quite a good bar pre and post theatre.. when did it shut?

I think Ruskins shut a couple of months ago - I read something that the owners had experienced really poor trade due to the works on Tudor Square. I think its a shame as well cos I also liked it for pre/post theatre, and the food (for standard pub food) wasn't bad. It was a good vantage point on fright night last year for watching the fire dancers and was packed with people who'd really made an effort.

Archived