Love on the forum

i know meeting someone from a online method still has its stigmatism, and there are people who exploit the internet to put across how they want people to view them, but isnt that true in face to face life. if it wasnt for the internet i wouldnt have met some great people.....granted met some not so great aswell ,

agree with that. Never used the internet to go ''looking'' for someone,and wouldnt do the whole dating site thing but 5 years ago did meet my best friend (sootstar on here) on faceparty. met up a month later, and we've been great friends ever since. although we went to the same uni it would have been unlikely we'd have randomly met without the internet.

and previously have met up with a few other people, who just werent that great to speak to in person which proved my bit in bold.

It's lovely to hear something good for a change!:clap:

I'm too scared to go to the meets tho!:D

Don't be shy - just pluck up the courage and go to a forum meet!

My son, who lives in Worcestershire, announced he was having a birthday forum meet here in Sheffield. Over 40 folk turned up ... including a lovely young lady to whom he is now engaged.

i found my partner in the chatroom on this forum.......it was 7 months ago i met her in a bar in sheffield after several chats with this lady.....thank you to the forum, shes a special woman and theres no way i could have met her if it wasn't for this forum. anybody else out there found love on here, please let us know thanks and goodnight :love:

Aww this is lovely congrats!

I found love on a forum (not this one a different one), and four years later (after I changed jobs and moved the sheffield to be with him!) we are very happy together :love:

Your scared of going and I am still looking maybe we should chat to each other and then perhaps go the meeting together ??:)

Leading to the people writing messages to each other until they get to know each other well enough to dare to meet in person...

It used to be known as the personals column, but now without the two-day delay caused by the Royal Mail's interference!

Go for it! I agree that it's very scary to turn up to something new without 'backup' - at least one friend who'll be there to talk to until you work up the nerve to speak to a stranger. Despite being outwardly self-confident and able to talk to strangers once there is some point of contact, I still find that's the hardest thing to do.

So, in that spirit: anyone out there who's into modern jive dancing and/or medieval re-enactment? Or would be interested in chatting over such things so that you might find a friendly face when you try them out?

Just me, then...

It's lovely to hear something good for a change!:clap:

I'm too scared to go to the meets tho!:D

Have a look at the ones that Swami organises (in the nights out section) for 2nd Monday of the month, generally reight friendly people.. :)(apart from that mojo and Dozy and that :evil::suspect::hihi:)

I plucked up courage (with a nudge from AO/Edna + Purdy) to go to a meet a couple of years ago, been to quite a few since and met loads of nice peoples.. a

Archived