Re Sass' (Christopher Vine) Funeral

Amendment for those wishing to attend

As you'll know from the other threads the funeral takes place on Thurs 30th June at 2.45pm at Grenoside Crematorium, North Chapel

However the viewings at John Fairest Funeral Home on Penistone Rd, Wadsley Bridge are now on the 28th, 29th and 30th between 8.30am til 8pm. 8.30am til 2.15pm on the 30th if you wish to see him

If you're joining the motorbike procession please meet at the old Classic Rock Bar, Ecclesall rd between 12.30 and 1pm to arrive at Penistone Rd between 2 and 2.15pm (or earlier)

The family cars will be travelling with the hearse followed by the bike procession. Can we ask that anyone arriving for the funeral by car goes straight to Grenoside as the time allowed for the procession for parking and going into the chapel will be approx 5 minutes

Our thanks to Steve Willis at J. Fairest for all his help and to all our friends and family for all the love and support you've given us

Hi all, just returned to Sheffield, I had to get away for a few days. I'd been with him at the hospital every day right through to his last moments and needed some space to get my head together.

I understand the funeral will attract many mourners, he was deeply loved not only by myself but by his family, many friends, musicians and acquaintances. I could span out this post with similar comments to the many words already placed here and in similar threads but want to keep this short.

Thanks to everyone who has written words of comfort, that means a lot. You'll never realise how much.

Rock music is legendery for its rough and tumble and its setbacks, yet in the face of adversity always manages to fight back. We've lost a local rock legend, a close companion and a soul mate. He had so many friends I often felt as though I shared my relationship that I had with him with half of Sheffield! Take time to reflect but hold this thought. People pay a lot of money to lie on a psychiatrist's couch, I'd prefer to bounce on it and bounce back. I'll be down at Cha Cha's playing those rock tunes each week, part of Sass will always be with me and I'm still looking for CRB II. Still looking for that special venue. The ethos will live on.

On a final note, I'll be playing the tunes at the wake down at Cha Chas after the funeral and will compere the tribute night also at Cha Chas on 1st July. It will be an acoustic night, mellow and laid back with top local musicans playing and in all true CRB style, it will be free entry on the door. Any enquiries, pm me.

Buffy

Archived