What are your views on South Yorkshire buses?

JCJC

To many bus IMO that run in areas that i see the same number bus on routes that seem to run every 5 mins but are hardly full, yet in our area we wait between 15-30mins some times running late or never turn up then the bus is full, the 97 98 route has gone down hill. To over priced day savers at £4 and we only saveing 40p if that if me and my OH just go to town. Drive like rally drivers some of them, most dont wait for the old folk when press the bell to get off even thou on the bus it does state to sit down til the bus has stop, also dirty.

Stagecoach IMO is a lot cheaper, aways on time and more cleaner. Ok i have to walk a extra 5mins from my house to get one has the 98 97 stops outside my house, but the drivers are more friendly and i can use the tram with the £3 day saver so we save money. I use this bus more when i have to take my child to the dentist on Ecclesall Road has it goes all the way from my area, so i only have to use one bus. It cost me £2.60 to get there and back £1.30 one way so no need for a £3 day saver from stagecoach not like First that rip you off to buy one just to go to town, yet on First i have to get a day saver of £4 has it is cost over £2 just one way to town then i have to get anouther bus to Ecclesall road. I know the bus company dont run late like the First group or on sundays, but First are a more bigger company and if did the same or reduce the day ticket i use them more.

i think you speak for us all when you say that!

Sorry, but you don't speak for me. Excellent service on my route [81/82/83/88] with two operators provinding the service to town from the top of my road and buses every few minutes, bus lanes at peak times meaning few traffic holdups. There are two cars in our household but we often prefer to use the bus to town to avoid high parking charges and to get close to where we want to go.

overpriced (but the £1 after 7pm is good)

fare has gone up but less buses on??

always either late or early and unreliable at night.

general state leaves a lot to be admired.

Will you help with some research please?

I would like your views on South Yorkshire buses from your experience (a few quick words would be very welcome) if you don't mind.

Comments can be anything about buses - a certain bus route, last time you took a bus, fares or passes, the bus companies, timetables, general comment, whatever ...

The idea is that replies will be used in material for "We Want Our Buses Back" and will be made anonymous by using just initials, or 'anon' if you prefer.

Thanks very much if you have a moment to help in this way

I would dearly like to see a regular hourly limited stop bus service between Sheffield and Manchester via Deepcar, Woodhead and Glossop, rather than just the mere 4 National Express coaches each way every day; also there could be a couple of very late night buses 7 days a week, for late night clubbers, etc. to travel back home from either city, as the Transpennine trains do not operate late night services every day of the week.

No where to store your shopping anymore.

The signing on the buses is confusing. Quite often they giving a destination but it's the destination of the return journey. Confusing for people not used to the route. Instead showing the full journey they just show the final destination they're going too.

For example. If they're going to Hemsworth they also show NGH Hospital yet that's in the opposite direction. So any stranger getting on would have a heck of a long journey and a rather expensive one and be late for the appointment.

caught the 22 bus yesterday with my daughter and it stank of urine,still waiting for an apology from the ******** driver who injured my son last year,so very very ****** off with moaning moters who seem to think they have a given right to take up as much room as physically possible and use their buggies as shopping carts,not a big fan of buses.

Umm.. My bus is mostly on time, maybe a few minutes late. Rarely missing. The bus pass I get is £45 a month, and valid on any bus train or tram in SY any time so very cheap to me! Most buses I get are on time.

The only thing that does annoy me, is 47/48 are meant to be every 12 minutes during the day, so why do they turn up together in town? Surely it'd make sense to be every 6 minutes..?? I know sometimes this cant be avoided, with traffic in rush hour, but its all the time! Luckily I have to get just one of the buses, because the other one goes everywhere before my house. This one is usually on time.

But, get the 88/83 and other stagecoach services running like a first bus, until 11pm or so and on sundays/bank holidays then they'd get my custom, along with a weekly stagecoach ticket!

Archived