Bankruptcy-£500 charge

Not a case of deciding im afraid in this day and age. Most people at the time of borowing money have the best intentions in the world of paying it back, and probably, as myself, have being sticking to my agreement for years. But things in life happen which put us in situations where we cant carry on paying and need to take other routes. Its easy for people to sit back and judge but totally different if you are in that situation.

oh go on - give us the figures

well said happidayz im in the same boat, my debt is from when i was married 5 years ago, will never be able to pay it back, some people dont realise how easy it is to get into trouble, an old mate of mine slagged me off for my debt when i got divorsed saying it would never happen to him and that he had a perfect relationship! his wife divorsed him 12 months later, ke sara sera

what do you owe? we had someone last night with a £500 per month interest only mortgage he couldnt afford - no way did he get into that "by mistake"

Oh right.

No we lost our house last year. We had a mortgage for years. We ended up voluntary surrendering it as we were told that was the best thing to do, we now live in a private rented house. we owe thousands to the mortgage company and the company we had a loan with which was secured. Plus odd unsecured debts like catalogue companies. We spoke to CCCS just after we lost our house and they said we owned too much to have an IVA and once we were into our new home to look at bankruptcy.

Oh right.

No we lost our house last year. We had a mortgage for years. We ended up voluntary surrendering it as we were told that was the best thing to do, we now live in a private rented house. we owe thousands to the mortgage company and the company we had a loan with which was secured. Plus odd unsecured debts like catalogue companies. We spoke to CCCS just after we lost our house and they said we owned too much to have an IVA and once we were into our new home to look at bankruptcy.

you didnt lve in Eckington did you?

let the creditors bankrupt you then.

No we didnt. Seems a funny thing to ask I must say.

Well they dont seem to be doing that. They seem to want to go down the route of Attachment of earnings.

oh not really, we must get 3 or 4 letters a day from chasing companies looking for the last occupiers - I`m on commision if I find them 1st, they shouldnt do it but all the utilities have the house black listed too.

oh not really, we must get 3 or 4 letters a day from chasing companies looking for the last occupiers - I`m on commision if I find them 1st, they shouldnt do it but all the utilities have the house black listed too.

The secured loans and court fines are different though, they WILL and go for an attachment of earrings which would leave us not being able to live and having to rehome our pets. Some people dont see we are in a recesion but for some the reality is life changing and horrendous.

Archived