Penny Farthing Nightclub

suffolk boy

I should imagine all good looking unmarried men in the 60s had warts . But I know he was deep down a good man . That obviously hit troubled times . When you do meet him over the rainbow tell him I was asking about him . He as 2 fabulous grandchildren and 4 amazing great grandchildren. And me who even though I didn’t know him or he didn’t know me , I always knew one day I would meet him . Unfortunately it’s too late . But I have always thought about who my dad was . Now I am in shock that he was so well known his name is on a Sheffield forum . I want to know about the type of person he was . What he liked didn’t like . What caused him his trouble. Why he wasn’t at peace . I do wish I had know . I was 13 the year of his death x

3 minutes ago, Kersh said:

Thankyou , x was he a friend of yours ? He was only young when I was born in 1965 x 

No I couldn’t call him a friend, we mixed in different circles. He might have been slightly older than me (born1947), say circa 18 when you were born, so knowing the randy sod, not a  problem for him.

I am so sorry to bother you it’s just that u you are the only person Iv found that knew him . Xxx we have looked at family tree and my grandmother as passed . My grandfather Ernest passed the year I was born 1965 . She remarried a man called Hart . I don’t know anything eles . But If I find family I will be thrilled . But you knew my dad and I would love to know more about him xxxx I don’t care about anything eles right now but him xxx

4 minutes ago, crookesey said:

No I couldn’t call him a friend, we mixed in different circles. He might have been slightly older than me (born1947), say circa 18 when you were born, so knowing the randy sod, not a  problem for him.

On 21/03/2011 at 18:13, MarcyJ said:

:help: I have found this posting that relates to David Lidgard whilst doing a Google search, as I am researching my family tree and I think he may be a more distant relative. He certainly lived in Sheffield at some point. If anyone can help me with confirming this by adding in more detail for me about him, that would be really helpful in answering if this is the same person or if it isn't and I am up a blind alley!

Some questions that would be really helpful to get answers to

* I believe that David would have been about 21 in 1969? .............is this the case?......... if not this isn't the same person and all questions below can be ignored

* Do you know the names of his parents? - any names are helpful in expanding the family tree further

* I can see that he is now dead……... What year approximately would this have occurred? …...& does anyone know why?

* Do you know if he had ever married &/or had children?.......again any names are helpful in expanding the family tree further

I know this is a very random request but any help is very much appreciated. In advance a big thank you to anyone who can help me fill in the blanks! :)

I have just found out that David lidgard is my biological father . I was born 1965 . I am now trying to formulate a family tree as would love to know about him , as would my daughters his grandchildren x 

On 23/06/2010 at 02:37, tara said:

My Mum worked there in the 70s, then when it was Pennies and Scamps.

I've heard that scamps used to be on eyer st at the side of the record shop whats now called record junkie !?..

On 18/06/2010 at 23:55, jaffa1 said:

The Penny Farthing was on Arundel Gate and then changed to the Hoffberhouse or something like that and then to Penny's and many other

things. I'm sure someone will come up with the correct names etc.

I remember going in the Penny Farthing when all the Sheffield

United players used to go in, late 60s.

One night Howell Jones was in [ the actor] with his then wife

Kathy McGowen, ok you now going to ask who's Howell Jones

and Kathy Mc Gowen... Well I hear she now lives with Michael Ball???

Pennys/ scamps was on eyer Street 

2 hours ago, Kersh said:

I have just found out that David lidgard is my biological father . I was born 1965 . I am now trying to formulate a family tree as would love to know about him , as would my daughters his grandchildren x 

5a72333b8b72e_ThePennyFarthingSheffield.jpg.11970ae37ae27bcbc587530f9c4a8fb8.jpg