Vote for your favourite  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite

• Dance
    • R n b
    • Rock
    • Speed Garage
    • Other

I prefer classic oldies such as 60s/70s and 80s music to be honest..

Back in the day kids had more sense to buy overhyped tosh like Crazy feckin' Frog! :rant:

Originally posted by rjo2

what may this be then?

Varies from day-to-day, minute-to-minute. I'm a big fan of thrash-jazz, although that's a pretty broad genre in itself and the difference between something like John Zorn's tight three-second splatter pieces and Last Exit's sprawling industrial improvisations is far bigger than the difference between, erm, "Dance" and "Speed Garage".

That said, I also like a lot of "Ambient" music. And "Classical". And "Jazz". And "Rock". And "Pop". And "Folk". And "World". And... no, sorry, I can't be bothered typing any more labels. Though a lot of the stuff I listen to has, I believe, been labelled "Pronk".

The thing is, labels are for wusses and unadventurous record shops. The best music is usually found in the cracks between the labels.

Actually, my ideal music would probably be some kind of prog-psychobilly, but I haven't yet discovered any band that plays anything which could be described as that. Perhaps one day I'll start my own (any fellow musicians care to join me?)

I voted rock, but I'm inclined to agree with DanSumption...

although I mostly listen to alternative music like rock, metal, thrash, prog rock etc etc... I listen and love a whole variety of music...

and your poll really doesnt cover a whole lot of genres and its not even being broad...

IMO i'd put speed garage in the dance section if your using rock to basically cover, brit rock, metal, thrash metal, goth rock, black metal, indie, punk, hardcore, noisecore, progressive rock... etc etc etc...

I love rock music, the more metal the better Iron Maiden ac/dc saxon mega-death etc:.......but i also like the music of, Mel c, Anastacia, Dido, sheryl crow........... or am i just getting mellow??

i like "most" types of music these days"

BUT my most favorite is

Punk (being an old punker, mainly anarcho punk and reggae punk)

Drum and bass

Reggae

then followed by

Jazz (specially freeform / impro)

Rock / Metal

Rap / Hip hop

Archived