Vote for your favourite  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite

• Dance
    • R n b
    • Rock
    • Speed Garage
    • Other

MOD: Since aNTAcid has chosen "Going out in Sheffield" to discuss this I'd assume s/he meant the discussion to be about the music forumers choose to go out to listen to in Sheffield. If that's not the case then aNTAcid is free to report the thread & ask for it to be moved :)

IMO: Good poll, Good location!

I chose Dance. The choices are a wee bit limited but it has to be dance! simply because I like to boogie, Yes Sir! Boogie Woogie...

Please don't talk about love tonight.

Please don't talk about sweet love.

Please don't talk about being true and

all the trouble we've been through.

Ah, please don't talk about

all of the plans we had

for fixin' this broken romance.

I want to go where the people dance.

I want some action ...

I want to live!

Action ...

I got so much to give.

I want to give it.

I want to get some too.

Oh, I ...

Ohhh I ...

I love the nightlife,

I got to boogie on the disco 'round,

oh yea.

i voted dance as that covers most of the main sub genres i listen to - mainly techno and trance but they have enough sub genres in themselves ! also partial to a bit of breakbeat , deep house , speed garage , funk , disco , heavy metal , indie , 80s pop , electro , grunge , classical etc. i like things from just about every genre , even the mainstream c**p i love to hate has the odd thing that makes me smile. IMO all music is fantastic . Even if not to my personal taste it appeals to somebody . Music is a way of communicating with even the most far out communities of people all over the world . Fine , tribes deep in the jungle would probably prefer some nice tribal drumming rather than some stomping acid techno but music is like a universal language that everyone can understand . :thumbsup:

As for peoples comments on certain genres 'not being music at all' , thats a very narrow minded opinion. Not meaning to offend anyone but all noise can be music and its just up to personal opinion whether you like it or not. Whether we are using our voices , a guitar , a drum , a computer or even something as simple as an old bin and some pots and pans , it is all still music when it is put together to form a beat/song and if people out there are making it then it must appeal to someones taste.

Archived