Restaurant for wedding reception??

beaky1

Hi

As a regular reader of this forum, the time has come for me to write my first post, so I thought I'd start by asking for help.......

I'm looking for a restaurant, possibly city centre based, that would allow us to hold our wedding reception there. There would be around forty of us and I'd like to keep it quite informal and non-traditional i.e. pie and peas or fish and chips or a particular cuisine, but still formal enough to allow for speeches etc.. The plan is to then move onto a larger venue for the night do.

We would like to get married either on a Thursday or Friday and would require the venue for a couple of hours in the afternoon. We live in the south of Sheffield, so either a restaurant in that area, the city centre or I'd happily consider anywhere in Sheffield. Can anybody help??????

Thanks - all suggestions happily received :|

Hi

As a regular reader of this forum, the time has come for me to write my first post, so I thought I'd start by asking for help.......

I'm looking for a restaurant, possibly city centre based, that would allow us to hold our wedding reception there. There would be around forty of us and I'd like to keep it quite informal and non-traditional i.e. pie and peas or fish and chips or a particular cuisine, but still formal enough to allow for speeches etc.. The plan is to then move onto a larger venue for the night do.

We would like to get married either on a Thursday or Friday and would require the venue for a couple of hours in the afternoon. We live in the south of Sheffield, so either a restaurant in that area, the city centre or I'd happily consider anywhere in Sheffield. Can anybody help??????

Thanks - all suggestions happily received :|

hi! we are now catreing for small functions like urs, if you interested call

the bohemian

will be more than happy to help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Beaky,

We are planning a similar wedding meal in the city centre also. We haven't booked it yet though. We're having a small ceremony at the town hall, I had thought about asking the small italian place - mamas and leonies - about catering for us after the ceremony - their restaurant is just round the corner from the registry office. They have a nice family atmosphere. Good luck!

We would love to help you celebrate your wedding.

http://www.robin-hood-loxley.co.uk or call for more info 01142344565

Home made pie & peas or fish chips not a problem! Read our latest review on the last wedding we did.

Robin Hood, Hidden Gem‎

Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 By tjmilner - 25 Sep 2009‎

We had our wedding reception there in August 09 and booked all of the hotel bedrooms to stay overnight. We were treated like Kings. The building is beautiful, the setting meets your every need and the staff/owners will bend over backwards to serve. We asked for a bbq, to be different, the food was outstanding and complimented by all in our party. I would DEFINATELY recommend The Robin Hood Inn for any event your having, I'm sure they will accommodate. The hotel section was spotless and breakfast was devine. You drive from a busy part of Sheffield, up a county lane to this hidden gem, who would know! I am going back a lot!! No negatives from me.‎"

Archived