High Hazels Park

stupot

It's the AGM of Friends of High Hazels Park on Thursday March 1st,at Living Waters,81 Main Road,Darnall,at 7pm.

Come along and hear about the exciting new facilities which will shortly be installed in the park,and find out more about the proposed redevelopment of High Hazels House as a major community facility.

• 4 months later...

I remember High Hazels Park as a child, used to go there frequently - we lived in Pearce Road (off Prince of Wales Rd). We would pack up bread and jam sandwiches and go off for the day - How cool is that!! I also remember the park for the Whit Walks as a member of Darnall Congs Sunday School, carrying the banner and having our Whit Sing. Also had good nights there in Goffies with friends and especially the Vimto. Happy Days !

Do you mean the bomb holes? Cos my dad reckons he used to ride his bmx up, down and round some WW2 bomb holes. I intend to go check it out soon so if this is what u mean i'll let you know

The 'bomb holes' that you are refering to are in the wooded area at the top of the golf course. I used to ride up'n'dahn them with my friends, then when a bit older with my young son.

To get to them follow the gated track to the left of the golf course car park, at the back entrance of High Hazel's, opposite the place that does the double glazing units. The track dips down a bit then starts to rise, follow it to the top of this hill, and as it crests, to your right you should see another track. Take this track and follow it, past a couple of teeing-off points, through the woods to an opening near to the back of the Sheffield Parkway. Hey presto the 'Bomb Holes' to ride up'n'dahn. You might have noticed that along the side of this track are a number of 'Bomb Holes' or pits that are covered with undergrowth.

hope this helps!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for that. It's something that I haven't thought about for years. Was beginning to think it was my imagination.

No, it's not your imagination. If you look on page 3 of the thread listings and go into What happened to the Duke of Darnall?, on page 3 of that thread is detailed about Russian Edna's murder.

No, it's not your imagination. If you look on page 3 of the thread listings and go into What happened to the Duke of Darnall?, on page 3 of that thread is detailed about Russian Edna's murder.

Do you remember Sammy Dodds? Mum you to say do not take sweets off him ever,and if she saw him offer one ,well!!

you all just gave me happy flash backs thanx

high hazels was my local park, born in darnell,moved to handsworth age 10

i was in the darnell 2nd scout troop, we led the parades to the park on whit

sundays.

also the sleding down camel back hill wwwhheeee

now umpity years on golden gate park is my local.

cheers dave

Archived