What does 'Temporary' mean to you?

mealz

What does everyone think of this strange piece of law: Agency Workers Regulations? What if you can't compare what you do on a temp basis to someone permanent as will be the case with a lot of small companies? Is it going to destroy the temp business? I've temped lots in my time and most were to fill a need longer than 11 weeks. Just wondered what any business owners thought?
so what do you think ?are you happy doing the same job as your colleague and getting paid less? are you happy with having no job security ?do you find it strange that the 12 week rule only applies in this country (yet if you work in france it starts from day one)?what banks would lend you money (being a temp)than to say someone (on the books)? i know we need agencies but they should be for short time working only . ive worked with someone who has been "temp" for the last three years,i wonder how much the agency made out of the company? i hope it gives an incentive for these companies to set people on full time and get rid of a few of these agencies for good .

Archived