Your fave country pub eatery

boutiquechoc

As the seasons are changing and autumn is here, I fancy eating lots of homecooked loveliness, rich dinners and game full of flavour etc...

I visited the Ladybower Inn over the weekend and had the duck from the menu, it was very delicious and red wine and blackberry sauce went with it perfectly.

We decided on the Ladybower as our minds went blank when trying to decide on a country type pub to eat in.

We wanted to try Ye Olde Mustard pot but didn't - anyone been?

Where would you recommend??

The pub at Monsal Head is lovely; stunning views, quite a few different ales, very cosy atmosphere inside (I'm sure there's an open fire) and good food. :thumbsup:

Have to agree Jen.:thumbsup:

I've never had a bad meal in here and it's a lovely place whatever the weather's doing outside. In winter when the fire's crackling away it's really cosy and in summer the views are stunning.

Fantastic range of real ales too including Old Peculiar (though not always).

It's rustic, it's charming and it's my ideal kind of place in the country.

The Packhorse down the lane used to be worth a visit (in its Marston's days) even if it does get a bit cramped.

And the Red Lion at Litton is well worth a visit although I'm not sure what the food's like.

The Bull's Head at Castleton is also recommended (and it's a good place to stop for the night). Surprisingly good food, open fire, comfy leather settees and real ale.

Man, I really need to get out there more!

oooh thankyou muchly people! =:)

The pub at Monsal Head, anyone know what it's name is?

Patricia, I will be checking your recommendation out very soon and no doubt you will have a good time there later!

The Strines have been good, but heard it went downhill for food- I take it this is not the case now?

oooh thankyou muchly people! =:)

The pub at Monsal Head, anyone know what it's name is?

Patricia, I will be checking your recommendation out very soon and no doubt you will have a good time there later!

The Strines have been good, but heard it went downhill for food- I take it this is not the case now?

The Scotsmans Pack has 3 stars, but sometimes the car park can be a little full, so best to go in the week rather than the week ends.

Archived