If the Conservatives win the election how high will unemployment rise?

One (and there are plenty more) effect was that AIG located to London so it could escape US regulation. This enabled it to insure derivatives which were based on sub-prime mortgages. The banks having their risk 'insured' were able to buy trillions and trillions of these derivatives. Only trouble was, AIG never had any money to pay out if things went belly up. Which they did.

Thanks Gordon.

Gordon Brown invited AIG to the UK then? Or was it just a case of a independent business reloacting to a country where they could trade in the manner they wanted to (good or bad)? Are you sure that there haven't been UK companies relocating to other countries where they get away with paying the staff less? Or can step aside from our H&S regs? Oh yes, that's right, loads of em! Companies are allowed to trade wherever they wish if they have the cash to buy office space - governments have nothing to do with this...

I'm beginning to wonder if you ever get out!

My eldest lad started a new school a few weeks ago, the old one was knocked down as it was falling to bits and the new one is superb.

Does this class as something to show from the spending?

Tricky is a big fan of duck houses it seems - public cash obviously better spent on a tory moat than a kids school!

Tricky is a big fan of duck houses it seems - public cash obviously better spent on a tory moat than a kids school!

ooooooooh! get you three.

Anything that promotes joined up thinking in the little Titanic must be a good thing. He certainly won't have inherited the ability from his father.

ooooooooh! get you three.

Anything that promotes joined up thinking in the little Titanic must be a good thing. He certainly won't have inherited the ability from his father.

Don't worry not that long to go now before your friends can start taking money away from our kids, our sick and our Pensioners to give it back to the well-off!

Hope this makes you feel good!

Don't worry not that long to go now before your friends can start taking money away from our kids, our sick and our Pensioners to give it back to the well-off!

Hope this makes you feel good!

Yup, the well-off in China and Japan and wherever else we sold our debt to under Gordon.

Nope, doesn't make me feel good and that's why I'm recommending people vote anything but Labour.

Yup, the well-off in China and Japan and wherever else we sold our debt to under Gordon.

Nope, doesn't make me feel good and that's why I'm recommending people vote anything but Labour.

Tricky what were your views on the minimum wage before it was introduced by Labour?

The Tories vigourously opposed it's introduction claiming it would be a disaster for business.This has proved not to be the case. Do you think that the minimum wage should be abolished if the Tories are returned to power?

Not quite the same as dumping whole communities into the dustbin - on purpose - by our own government - and still to this day without any regret.

Dump a community or a nation? Maggie made the correct choice, something that was reflected in the countries growth as a major power and her increased voter share in subsequent elections. She was doing what the country wanted.

Tricky what were your views on the minimum wage before it was introduced by Labour?

The Tories vigourously opposed it's introduction claiming it would be a disaster for business.This has proved not to be the case. Do you think that the minimum wage should be abolished if the Tories are returned to power?

Same question to Anarchist please!

Archived