If the Conservatives win the election how high will unemployment rise?

I remember the days of crumbling buildings and text books from the dark ages during my 1980's school days, those days are no longer thanks to Labour

So you went to school in the 80's and Labour lost power in 1979. So back in 1979 the schools where gleaming bastions of perfection but within a few years the buildings aged by 50+ years had they? Or are you saying that the previous Labour government built/maintained the schools with inferior materials meaning they fell apart in a few years?

Now then right-wing wonk, Labour did help create the recession by being in awe of the t****s in the City of London and failing to regulate them, but things would have been MUCH worse if they had not acted so quickly with the stimulus package etc, which the rest of the world followed.

What would the Tories have done: NOTHING!

Well of course. Most Tory MPs are related to those t****s in the City of London, or take a serious cut of the ill-gotten gains :hihi:

Tricky what were your views on the minimum wage before it was introduced by Labour?

The Tories vigourously opposed it's introduction claiming it would be a disaster for business.This has proved not to be the case. Do you think that the minimum wage should be abolished if the Tories are returned to power?

I thought it was a bad idea.

I don't agree that it can be said to have been an unqualified success no. Although it can't be said to have been an unqualified failure either. It's difficult to judge when the whole economy has been based on a mirage in the form of massive debt creation taking the place of real economic growth.

I think the minimum wage should be abolished. I think once unemployment gets over three and a half million, left-wingers will start to question it too.

I don't agree that it can be said to have been an unqualified success no. Although it can't be said to have been an unqualified failure either. It's difficult to judge when the whole economy has been based on a mirage in the form of massive debt creation taking the place of real economic growth.

I think the minimum wage should be abolished. I think once unemployment gets over three and a half million, left-wingers will start to question it too.

So you think I should go back to earning 50p an hour collecting Fruit out near Maltby!

Thankyou for answering. Do you know if the Tories are planning to abolish it like the did with wages councils back under Thatcher?

So you think I should go back to earning 50p an hour collecting Fruit out near Maltby!

If that's what you would like to do, I won't stand in your way.

However if I wanted to earn £3 an hour rubbing ice onto models' nipples so they're all perky for the photoshoot, you'd try and stop me. :(

If that's what you would like to do, I won't stand in your way.

However if I wanted to earn £3 an hour rubbing ice onto models' nipples so they're all perky for the photoshoot, you'd try and stop me. :(

So you agree it is right that some people should be earning 50p an hour, is this a Tory policy they'll tell the electorate before the election?

So you agree it is right that some people should be earning 50p an hour, is this a Tory policy they'll tell the electorate before the election?

I didn't know that tricky was a member of the Conservatives policy making group. Still you live and learn.

Although as the figures were made up by you anyhow they are irrelevant.

Archived