Blades Vs Ipswich

scottf

Ok here goes an honest evaluation of the game tonight from myself, full of flu and sober as a dime so im gonna keep it as simple as possible yet be as thorough as i can.

Tonight from my point of view simply wasn't good enough and the team we watched were an all so familiar United team who we have hoped to rid ourself of in recent years. The football we played was simply not good enough and again we saw a typical long ball from defenders straight up to Henderson who ok scored twice but again struggled to cope with the constant hopeful rediculous balls that were sent over the top to him.

We failed to build any sort of real attacking momentum for the majority of the match but again it took the last 10 minutes to come alive and pile the pressure on what only can be described as a poor and easily beatable Ipiswich team. We flattered the in all fairness and allowed them to run at us from all angles of the pitch.

Little comes on second half and for me gives us the comfort and time on the ball that we need, he holds up play and picks out the right balls and gets us thinking again and playing to Ipswich's weakness, fair play to him, for such a little time on the pitch i will even give him man of the match.

I will sum it up again with simply not good enough, we need to get back to our attacking mentality and get the ball down and play football, which we are capable of doing and see in spells, but it's simply not consistant enough and to enable us to gain success in this league we need to play this type of football over 90 minutes rather than just the 10-20 minutes that we do!

I think your defence has been a bit dodgy to be fair.

14 goals you have let in now, and your supposed to be a good defensive side?

Including 8 at home, Newcastle have let 4 in all season.

I think there's a lack of confidence in the keeper (and possibly also Taylor), and over the last four games what had been a solid reliable unit, has looked flimsy. Bennett may get another chance, and as soon as Naysmith's fit, he'll be in the side.

Hopefully a blip the staff will work on during the international break...

The crowd were effectively in charge of the team for a short spell just before half-time, after finally losing patience with what was aimless hoofing, they shamed the players into actually passing on the floor to each other, which led at first to ironic cheers, and as four or five passes were completed, the cheers were genuine... and that led to a good chance. At the time, KB appeared to be pointing diagonally upwards towards the Ipswich goal, suggesting "kick it long up there!".

But if they can do it for short spells why not try it for longer, was it me or did you think Bunn should have done better for the second goal, I know he was unsighted but it looked a tame shot into the corner.

But if they can do it for short spells why not try it for longer, was it me or did you think Bunn should have done better for the second goal, I know he was unsighted but it looked a tame shot into the corner.

That the Leadbitter goal? On the highlights it did look a tame shot and Bunn should have stopped it. Having said that, he did have a lot of space to run into before he shot.

Poor goalkeeping it appeared... looks worse on tv, almost as if he didn't think it was going in... certainly didn't seem to be getting down quickly or at full stretch. That's 3 in three games that he's been beaten with similarly saveable shots. Whether the midfield/defence should've let their player have so long unchallenged on the ball is another matter...

He started well, but since Coventry, it just looks like there's minimal communication in the back 5 - not helped by Killa's absences. Some of his kicks are a waste though - the crowd showed appreciation (some of it sarcasm) when he was throwing it out to his own team, rather than just leathering it.

Saying that, Walker is as guilty as anyone for the long aimless ball if he doesn't see an immediate option.

4000vouchers to allow you in for 60pence and £5 an £10 tickets might have something to do with that dont you think:confused:

You still need the fans to turn up. 10,000 is a big difference especially between a Saturday afternoon against one of the clubs doing well compared with a bottom of the table side on a Tuesday night. I'd much rather have the good deals and an almost full ground.

Archived