Getting Gigs In Sheffield

aidy

Hey there! Does anyone know of any venues in Sheffield that are offering gigs to bands who dont have any demos recorded or tracks yet online? My bands currently got about 20-25 mins of stuff (7 songs) but we have yet to record them or put the songs on Myspace. We are just wanting to get out there and start playing our stuff live, anyone help? For the record we are a punk band with small elements of metal (think Misfits, Ramones and Pixies). Get in touch if you can help, thanks!

hey, my advice is try the boardwalk, west st live and corporation, if the gig organisers there are a bit too keen on hearing a demo you could contact other local bands playing there and see if they need support.

You could look through gig listings and enquire about any dates where it says support tbc (to be confirmed).

The Grapes is usually a sure bet, id go and have a chat they are likely to need to fill a support slot at somepoint and if you're any good they'l put you on again

Like your influences, saw misfits at a tiny bar in north carolina great gig!

Grapes is a good bet, but if I remember correctly they do like demos of new bands. I might be working with a band or musician myself sometime in the future and be doing a night of pop/rock/acoustic music by bands in a gay-friendly venue as part of an arts festival in May 2010, so if interested, do drop me a line by PM.

Archived