What car to get..

hi all,im considering on gettin a new motor.its either gonna be : bmw 316 compact

new shape astra sri

or a golf 2ltr gti

just wondered if any1 had owned any of these,and what they thought of them.gonna spend around £6500,or a bit less if i can.

cheers for any replies.:help:

Vw all the way!

Astras are minging! Incomparable to the other two.

BMWs and VWs are examples of fine German engineering, although as the other poster said, a 316 will be a bit slow compared to the Golf.

dont mention the germans you will be accused of being a racist or a bnp supporter,but yes i have a diesel passat keeps up with most cars

looks like the beemer is out of the equation up to now..

the astra i was thinkin about is a sri sport hatch.

and why does most people think golf?are they reliable,not many problems occur but if they do are they cheap to repair.

but then again the bmw does look good.:huh::roll:

Astras are minging! Incomparable to the other two.

BMWs and VWs are examples of fine German engineering, although as the other poster said, a 316 will be a bit slow compared to the Golf.

dont mention the germans you will be accused of being a racist or a bnp supporter,but yes i have a diesel passat keeps up with most cars

Me too, I've got a 9 year old 2.5 V6 TDi Passat estate, 250,000 and still going strong, fatastic car.

just found 1 of these,60k on clock locks very nice. BMW 325ti Sport:hihi:

me thinks im lettin looks get the better of me.:(

The 330d is just as quick if not quicker and definatly alot more torquey and thats what counts in the drivers seat.They sounds nothing like a diesel and you will return over 30mpg no matter what you do to it,driving right easy mids 40's and after a remap or tuning box nearer 50mpg and even quicker.

Petrol bm's suck fuel so if you plan to use it,i would think carefully.A 325 petrol will struggle to return much more than mid 20;s and auto's even worse.

Archived