What car to get..

But why spend so much on a Golf GTI when you can get a Seat Leon FR, which is exactly the same, for much less? I suppose thats only really relevant if your buying from new though. Golfs do hold their value for longer.

I wouldn't go for Golf, don't like it at all, too high for a hatch, and too solid inside, seats are s uncomfy, BMW compact... why? for 6.5k, you could get a 52 plate 3 series in perfect nick, they're much nicer than a compact. As for the Astra, well the 3doors in black can not look any nicer than they do, I want an Astra myself, but can't afford one just yet, just to add to the suggestion list, what about an Audi A3?

But why spend so much on a Golf GTI when you can get a Seat Leon FR, which is exactly the same, for much less? I suppose thats only really relevant if your buying from new though. Golfs do hold their value for longer.

nooooooooo dont throw another car into the mix.lol.its already doin my head in.im not buyin from new,id rather get a used car.as ive said earlier my budget is only 6&1/2 k.any more advice, opinons and experience with the models mentioned would be great.gotta get it sorted by weekend.:help:

I wouldn't go for Golf, don't like it at all, too high for a hatch, and too solid inside, seats are s uncomfy, BMW compact... why? for 6.5k, you could get a 52 plate 3 series in perfect nick, they're much nicer than a compact. As for the Astra, well the 3doors in black can not look any nicer than they do, I want an Astra myself, but can't afford one just yet, just to add to the suggestion list, what about an Audi A3?

i did think about a audi a3,but cant find 1 that jumps out at me.seen a few drive past that look nice just none for sale.im not after a chaved up car or anything (im 26, past all that crashed through halfords shop window stage)just a plain audi a3 looks dull.

as for the astra,i did ring up for one, 3dr sport hatch 1.8 sri in black and i really liked it but it was sold:( and i cant find anymore about for my price range..

i did think about a audi a3,but cant find 1 that jumps out at me.seen a few drive past that look nice just none for sale.im not after a chaved up car or anything (im 26, past all that crashed through halfords shop window stage)just a plain audi a3 looks dull.

as for the astra,i did ring up for one, 3dr sport hatch 1.8 sri in black and i really liked it but it was sold:( and i cant find anymore about for my price range..

I know you said you don't fancy a boy racer car but how about a Ford Focus ST170? (The old shape Focus). They're lovely!

Edit: And as if by magic... http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200938342207649/sort/priceasc/search-target/usedcars/make/ford/model/focus/maximum-age/up_to_5_years_old/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/price-to/7000/price-from/5000/keywords/st/postcode/s72gp/page/1/radius/1501?previous=%2Fsearch%2Fresults%2Fusedcars%2Fpostcode%2Fs72gp%2Fradius%2F1501%2Fmake%2Fford%2Fmodel%2Ffocus%2Fkeywords%2Fst%2Fmaximum-age%2Fup_to_5_years_old%2Fengine-size-cars%2F2l_to_2-5l%2Fprice-to%2F7000%2Fprice-from%2F5000%2Fpage%2F1%2Fsort%2Fpriceasc&anchor=advert200938342207649&logcode=p

Mate, don't do it. An A3 is soooooooo much nicer than an Astra. Astras are plasticky and cack.

Have you looked at the Skoda Fabia vRS? Now that's a hell of a machine for silly money

Archived