Moroccan Restaurant

happylady

Otto's on Sharrowvale Rd almost opposite the Lescar pub. It does Morrocan & many other Mediterranean style dishes. The food is lovely, especially the desserts :)

Great food, FANTASTIC creme brulee!!

Sorry, I have posted on the wrong ad - I meant at the Mediteranean Restaurant on Sharrow Vale Rd.

"Wondering if you just had a bad meal David which can happen anywhere."

Yup. I had one bad meal at Otto's, and that's all I can judge it on. I don't make a habit of going back to places where I get a bad meal.

Whether that's representative of the general quality at Otto's, it's hard to say.

Hi David

I co-own Otto's with my husband, who is Moroccan.

We and our team work hard to give the best possible food and service that we can at all times but things don't always go to plan.

We were on holiday at the end of July and, perhaps, it just goes to

show how hard it is to maintain consistent standards in our business.

Clearly, it is something we need to address. If you could let me know what you had, I would be grateful so we can work on quality control.

Regards

Tad1

Have to say I've also had a poor meal at Otto's. I enjoyed my starter, which was chicken liver (pate? Can't remember now, it was in January). For my main, I had swordfish which was a bit tough and not very tasty, with a fairly bland sauce. It tasted like it had been frozen, not fresh.

I vomited later on that night (and no, not due to alcohol) - as did another member of the party who ate there, though they had something different. I have a pretty hardy stomach and can't remember last time I vomited. Others who ate with us weren't impressed with their meal - some commented that the risotto was made with long grain rice, rather than a risotto rice such as arborio or carnaroli (sp?).

I also found the mix of cuisines on the menu a bit odd - some Moroccan, some Italian, some looking a bit French. I wouldn't return.

I co-own Otto's and find it quite disturbing that posts can be made without any real comeback. I have contacted smurf anna and she wishes to make no further comment. However, I must state that, as far as I am aware, we were not contacted by her at the time or informed of any problems during or following her meal at Otto's.

Any one who knows us at Otto's will know how hard we work to look after our customers, many of whom return again and again. If the experience that smurf anna describes were typical we would have no customers at all by now.

Things can and do go wrong but if something is wrong it is a customer's responsibility to report it to the restaurant within a reasonable time.

Such comments can destroy the reputation of a business. The vast majority of our customers are recommended to visit us by their friends and family. They tell us week in week out that our food is good and our service friendly and attentive. We must be doing something right.

Too right, why of why are people happy to moan and groan on a public forum but not make their feelings known at the time. Good for you Otto's for standing proud. I personally would love to come and have a meal at your restaurant. I always give feedback whether good or bad.

Archived