City Centre Foodie Reccomendations

Can anyone reccomend a decent eaterie in the City Centre ?

Am coming down from Glasgow and its my beter halfs birthday. Ideally want to avoid anywhere likely to be over run by stags and hens, best avoid curry as well as we're going clubbing afters ;-)

Thanks all :-)

When are you coming down?

Regent Terrace was meant to reopen in July, but out of Sheffield now and I'm not sure if it's still reopening, and if so when! It was a lovely place to eat, or so everybody on the forum recommended, and I'd love to try it out when I'm back down there.

Otherwise there's loads of topics floating around here regarding eateries in the city center. Thyme is beautiful in Crosspool, but it's a way out from the city center.

Originally posted by nick2

£8.50 for bangers and mash is hardly reasonable.

What I mean is it's not fine dining prices. It's just simply served, good meals in nice surroundings, and you'll pay a lot more for far inferior food at the vast majority of places in the city centre.

I know a great place to grab a lovely satisfying lunch. I go regularly with my work mate even thou it's about ten minutes drive from our works. But hell it's worth it! It's a Chinese called Canton Express on Staniforth Road, Darnall. They've got a buffet display of food that you pick and mix with either Rice, chips or noodles or a mix of the lot if you want. The great thing is that you can have a mix of all the dishes on display to take away. We usually have chicken curry on half our tray and some other dish like battered chicken breast meat with bbq sauce on the other half of the tray. It's better than a bargain there for what you get at only £3.20 for a large tray and it always taste's brilliant. We've not had a bad one from them yet since we first went about half a year ago. There's alway a queue when we're there. So need I say anymore.

I't's now called 'Phoenix' and not 'Canton Express'. The prices has gone up very slightly too!

Archived