Sheffield Beer Festival Mystery Band playing

Mr Bates

Cider bar was completely restocked for Saturday, the final day.

that doesn't really support what your facebook message said about the final day does it?

"however I am sorry to reveal that the cider bar has been drunk dry."

but then again, its not unusual for there to be a massive cockup involved at the festival.

apologies to neeeeeeeeeek.

The Cider Bar never totally ran out of Cider, we sold the last cider of the original order at 6pm on the Saturday, The Cider re-rack arrived at 4.30pm with 20x five gallon polypins of cider. The only thing we sold out of on the Friday night was Perry. No cockups involved, we originally ordered 50% more than the previous year, we then ordered a further 70% of this years order to cover Saturday night. When we closed at the end of Saturday we had 6pints of cider left! :-)

The Cider Bar never totally ran out of Cider, we sold the last cider of the original order at 6pm on the Saturday, The Cider re-rack arrived at 4.30pm with 20x five gallon polypins of cider. The only thing we sold out of on the Friday night was Perry. No cockups involved, we originally ordered 50% more than the previous year, we then ordered a further 70% of this years order to cover Saturday night. When we closed at the end of Saturday we had 6pints of cider left! :-)

of course there was a cockup involved. if you recieved a message from a beer festival on saturday morning saying "I am sorry to reveal that the cider bar has been drunk dry.", would you decide to go in the afternoon on the off chance some more had been delivered? me and several others decided not to bother because the cider had was sold out.

congrats on the figures though, good news, i'm glad the reality is better than the misleading lies Andy C comes out with.

Archived