Gigs - what good bands have you seen?

practiceshef

Pisco Sour Hour

Avangaad (although not seen them much recently)

Dead World Leaders (their previous incarnation was good as well)

Nine More Lies (now dead I'm afraid)

Bracken Hill (dead also)

were my favourites to be watching or playing gigs with from the last few years.

Dead Like Harry

Venkman Heist

come to mind as well.

Richard

Hello :-)

I have seen 2 x of my favourite bands / artists in Sheffield in the past few months. Patrick Wolf and Placebo. Both were amazing, as always. Haven't really seen any local bands in a very long time!

Really wish that Skunk Anansie would play here but at least Bat for Lashes and the Yeah Yeah Yeah's will be visiting soon! x

I am an electronic music producer, but prefer live artists to clubbing.

I recently saw "Strange and Partners" who are very good. They play well together and sound 'tight' and prepared. I should be doing a remix of one of their tunes for a Sheffield promotion album.

Also it's worth checking out "Mairead" (pronounced muh-raid). I am partly biased as it's my little sister. She plays guitar, sings and is the main song-writer along with an excellent bass player (Danny) and top-notch drummer (Greeny).

Hope this is informative. :)

The only local band that I've ever sort of followed are Mantank. They are great live - heavily influenced by any of the Mike Patton projects (Faith No More, Mr Bungle etc.) but Mac, the guitarist, was in Bal Sagoth at one point so they do have their extremely heavy moments too.

My best mate at school is in a band called Deletreus who I've never seen live, but have heard a couple of bits on Myspace etc. My bro thinks they're awesome live though.

As he does Soulshredder who he is constantly raving about at the moment. That could have something to do with the extremely attractive female singer though.

Archived