Christmas work meal -lots of vegetarians

libuse

ooh, thanks for all the input everyone,

Forum looks quite good although the starter isn't veggie, but I'm sure they could adapt it if I let them know in advance (quite suprised they've got it labelled as vegetarian actually!). I'd guess the same with Bar23's main course, as risotto normally has parmesan in it as well I think.

Tapas is a really good idea. I love tapas!

ooh, thanks for all the input everyone,

Forum looks quite good although the starter isn't veggie, but I'm sure they could adapt it if I let them know in advance (quite suprised they've got it labelled as vegetarian actually!). I'd guess the same with Bar23's main course, as risotto normally has parmesan in it as well I think.

Tapas is a really good idea. I love tapas!

I thought some parmesans were veggie?! if you look hard enough. Or is there something I am missing? Or do you mean vegan, rather than veggie?

I thought some parmesans were veggie?! if you look hard enough. Or is there something I am missing? Or do you mean vegan, rather than veggie?

No - if it is actually Parmesan its not vegetarian. You can buy vegetarian hard cheeses as an alternative, but thats not allowed to be called Parmesan, and I'd guess that restaurants wouldn't use another cheese and falsely label it as Parmesan

No - if it is actually Parmesan its not vegetarian. You can buy vegetarian hard cheeses as an alternative, but thats not allowed to be called Parmesan, and I'd guess that restaurants wouldn't use another cheese and falsely label it as Parmesan

I never knew that....thank you for that...that might explain something...I used to buy parmesan from the co-op a few years ago that was labelled as veggie - but have struggled in vain to find any for some time now....that must be why - I don't suppose you know of any alternatives sold ready grated do you? I miss something resembling parmesan on my quorn spagbol.

I never knew that....thank you for that...that might explain something...I used to buy parmesan from the co-op a few years ago that was labelled as veggie - but have struggled in vain to find any for some time now....that must be why - I don't suppose you know of any alternatives sold ready grated do you? I miss something resembling parmesan on my quorn spagbol.

I don't know any ready grated ones, no. Twineham Grange is a good veggie alternative, which you can buy online, but you'll have to do the grating yourself :)

I don't suppose you know of any alternatives sold ready grated do you? I miss something resembling parmesan on my quorn spagbol.
Pre-grated fake parmesan? :|

You might as well just collect up the dust created from pumice-stoning your feet! :gag::hihi:

Archived