Golden egg restaurant

jewls29

• 1 year later...

Hey Cow

Good old days, I well remember the Golden Egg.I was in Sheffield between 1976 and 1980. I used to go to the place nearly every day.The owner was a Turkish guy called Osman, a very humorous man with a Turkish accent.On Saturdays the restaurant was overcrowded with customers specially kids who made a lot of noise.This made him a bit concerned and want to get rid of them. With his strong foreign accent, he used to say to the kids, who usually ordered for only 'chip booty', " come on kids, go, go, go to the Wimpy", pointing to the next door restaurant. There was a girl who later married with an Italian man. Her name was (or is) yvonne Carress, I hope the spelling is right. She was then 26. Such a a wonderful girl she was. I hope one day some body can tell me where she is now. I love Sheffield, I can tell a lot about this wonderful city.

Azizollah Dabaghi

Hey Cow

Good old days, I well remember the Golden Egg.I was in Sheffield between 1976 and 1980. I used to go to the place nearly every day.The owner was a Turkish guy called Osman, a very humorous man with a Turkish accent.On Saturdays the restaurant was overcrowded with customers specially kids who made a lot of noise.This made him a bit concerned and want to get rid of them. With his strong foreign accent, he used to say to the kids, who usually ordered for only 'chip booty', " come on kids, go, go, go to the Wimpy", pointing to the next door restaurant. There was a girl who later married with an Italian man. Her name was (or is) yvonne Carress, I hope the spelling is right. She was then 26. Such a a wonderful girl she was. I hope one day some body can tell me where she is now. I love Sheffield, I can tell a lot about this wonderful city.

Azizollah Dabaghi

How did you find this thread Azizollah?! :)

... There was a girl who later married with an Italian man. Her name was (or is) yvonne Carress, I hope the spelling is right. She was then 26. Such a a wonderful girl she was. I hope one day some body can tell me where she is now.
Hi Azizollah - I just looked in BMD records. A "Martine Y. Caress" (maybe the Y stands for Yvonne?) was born in the Rotherham district in Jul-Sep 1956. She evidently married Paolo La Barbera in Sheffield in Oct-Dec 1980. The 2004 electoral roll shows a Paolo La Barbera at an address in S8. Martine/Yvonne is somehow not listed, but I've PM'd the address to you - good luck!.:)

Hi Azizollah - I just looked in BMD records. A "Martine Y. Caress" (maybe the Y stands for Yvonne?) was born in the Rotherham district in Jul-Sep 1956. She evidently married Paolo La Barbera in Sheffield in Oct-Dec 1980. The 2004 electoral roll shows a Paolo La Barbera at an address in S8. Martine/Yvonne is somehow not listed, but I've PM'd the address to you - good luck!.:)

Wow, that's service-nice one hillsbro :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...
Thanks hillsbro

I won't forget your service. I wish I could find her email so that send her message. Another clue: her son's name is enchanso or something!

Cheers

Azizollah

Hey Aziz! I think I may know you- I remember the Golden Egg and Osman, though the name Yvonne Caress means nothing to me- hope you manage to get in touch.

I'm sending you a pm although this is an oldish thread I'd love to know how you and your family are getting on!

I used to go to the golden egg with my mum as a kid, it was always a treat and unfortunatly places like that have long gone due to 'costa/starbuck' types places with no soul.

Plus that was before 'meadowhell' and the council killed Sheffield center...........

Oh, God I wish I could close my eyes and just find myself in Golden in those years when I used to go to the Stone House in the lunch time and on my return to my house I only sober enough to meet my friends in the Golden Egg and enjoy a cup of coffee (with five sugars) and spend the rest of the afternoon sitting on thebenches outside and looking at all those .....

Archived