Golden egg restaurant

jewls29

Hey Aziz! I think I may know you- I remember the Golden Egg and Osman, though the name Yvonne Caress means nothing to me- hope you manage to get in touch.

I'm sending you a pm although this is an oldish thread I'd love to know how you and your family are getting on!

Perhaps her name was Eavan and Yvonne

my mum worked there as a pot washer her name was dolly

I think I worked with your mum,Dolly,at the golden egg did she live in some flats at Hillsboro barracks,on Penistone Road,once went to visit her. cant remember what for, did she move when they pulled the flats down?

Perhaps her name was Eavan and Yvonne

I have just found a record of Martine Yvonne Caress as a politics student at the University of Sheffield in 1989. As she was married in 1980 I can only assume she had returned to using her maiden name by 1989, so maybe she was no longer married then.

Unfortunately, she is on the list of lost alumni- so the University has also lost trace of her. I can only assume, however, that this is the same person you are looking for as Caress is an unusual surname and the combination of names and placing her in Sheffield at this time seems more than coincidence.

It was great to hear from you and I'll keep trying to locate this woman for you.

Archived