Diabetes - Which food causes your highest BS readings?

As the thread title says, Which food causes you to have the highest Blood sugar levels?

I know that sugar and pasta etc cause increased levels but was wondering what specifically makes your BS sky rocket.

Mine is fresh orange juice, I try to steer clear of it but do occasionally have a glass. My aunts is always boiled sweets, for obvious reason and it made me curious.

I have type 2 diabetes btw.

Simple rule of thumb is, if you like something, then they'll tell you can't have it:mad:

I'm not diabetic, but hyperglycemic from chronic kidney disease.

If you are hyperglycaemic, how can you be sure you are not a diabetic? If your pancreas is producing enough insulin and your muscle tissue can use that insulin, then the carrots would simply make you fat.

If your blood sugar levels are high, then either (a) your pancreas is not producing enough insulin or (b) you are insulin-resistant.

Melon and grapes are surprisingly high in sugars, but if you take them in moderation, then you should be okay...

the diabetes nurse told me that for a hypo, the best thing to get our blood sugars to come back up, was 100ml of orange juice.

I do like fruit juice, but the doctor warned me off! - It does indeed cause my blood sugar to go through the roof.

For some reason, peanut butter has the same effect. I rarely get a hypo, but if I do, a spoonful of peanut butter raises my blood sugar in no time.

I used to be strict, but now I just eat and drink what the hell I want, bu**er the mini-maths exam for carbs!

Carb-counting doesn't seem to work for me, either.

In general, if food tastes really good, I can eat some. If it lacks taste, then (although my stomach may be growling and I may be really hungry), I probably don't need it and if I check my blood sugar, it says 'do without'.

Any food high in carbohydrates. A lot of people think carbs dont contain sugar but once in the body system all those carbs turn to sugar and the blood flow through the arteries looks like sludge going through a water pipe

A high-carbohydrate diet can also cause high triglyceride levels. If your triglyceride levels are too high, then your blood really is like sludge.

Archived