Bands of the sixties in Sheffield

zeke

I came across this site by accident, but I played in a band in Sheffield in the sixties and have lost touch with all the other former members. We were called the 'Corvettes' and were originally a 4 piece band with Don on lead guitar, myself on rhythm guitar, Phil on bass and Frank on drums. Later we were joined by 2 girl singers, Kit and Chris. We played gigs at the Cutlers Hall, City Hall ballroom, pubs and clubs in the Sheffield area. Wednesday nights at the Station Hotel in Rotherham for £8, what a gig!

I'd love to here from any of the former band members, or anyone who remembers us.

Does anybody on the forum know any of the names in the list below.

They were all in bands from '61 to 68, in particular the same band as me.

Eric Wells (bass)

Andre Mignon (rhythm/lead)

Mick Oliver (bass)

Tony Warburton (bass)

Brian Eades (manager)

Roger Partridge (singer)

Especially Eric Wells as we were best mates right up to when the band broke up in '68.

A little kown fact of Sheffield history is that my group, Who's Who?, was the one to give Pete Stringfellow his big chance when we started running dances in the Tower ballroom.

This was to become the Mojo Club!

He had something we did not have...money!!

The rest, as they say, is history!!!