Bands of the sixties in Sheffield

zeke

Hi Acman.I got your PM and was pleased you took the trouble to get back to me I messed up a message to you due to my lack of computer literacy .Anyway it brought back the nights we enjoyed at the Smithywood club with the pie and peas, bingo and jigging in the aisles at the end of listening to some magic groups with the Wol;ves having the edge. All the best. MH

• 2 weeks later...

I played my first gig in late summer 1962 for Pete Stringfellow at the Black Cat Club.

Our Group (Not band then) was The Drumbeats, we played on average 5 gigs per week through Beatlemania.

We're all still alive and in contact although I think I'm the only one still gigging.

I played my first gig in late summer 1962 for Pete Stringfellow at the Black Cat Club.

Our Group (Not band then) was The Drumbeats, we played on average 5 gigs per week through Beatlemania.

We're all still alive and in contact although I think I'm the only one still gigging.

Ever play the Lomas Hall at Stannington? most groups did.

Frank White Band, Scott William Combo, Dene Marshall and the Deputies, Dave Berry and the Cruisers, Frankenstein's Monsters...

Anybody remeber any of them, or are you all too young!!

I remember Dave Berry and the cruisers, I used to go dancing at Swallownest every Friday night 1960 - 1962 and Dave was the resident band