Bands of the sixties in Sheffield

zeke

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

My mates and I mixed with Sheffield band members, attempting to live up to their respective life styles, luckily we failed as the band members drank and drugged themselves to death. To be fair it was nigh on impossible for them to ignore what went hand In hand with their chosen occupation.

Well we mixed with Cocker , Frank White , Dave Berry and so on , They just drank Stoooonses  or whatever was on offer in the Arbourthorne Hotel , Centre Spot , Birley Hotel , Black Swan etc .

31 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Well we mixed with Cocker , Frank White , Dave Berry and so on , They just drank Stoooonses  or whatever was on offer in the Arbourthorne Hotel , Centre Spot , Birley Hotel , Black Swan etc .

You were obviously a clean living lad, I however liked to think that I was a rebel, but we all know what thought did, don’t we? 😉

7 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Stoooonses, and the rest killed Cocker, and Dave Berry is on liver number two I think. Don't know how much Frank White caned it, but he sadly only made 78.

I grew up opposite Sugar Grundy's lad (Dave Berry) btw.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

My Parents Knew him, my Mum still does.

He used to be seen walking around car boots in Chesterfield occasionally.

He probably lives Dronfield way these days, judging by how much coverage he gets in Dronfield Eye.

I met him, but didn't recognise him, in Woodhouse Cemetery a bit back, he was looking for a recently deceased cousin at the same time I was, this cousin was a friend of my parents. I asked him his family name and he said Grundy, but I didn't twig at the time. Have got his book - All There Is To Know.

3 hours ago, Palomar said:

Stoooonses, and the rest killed Cocker, and Dave Berry is on liver number two I think. Don't know how much Frank White caned it, but he sadly only made 78.

I grew up opposite Sugar Grundy's lad (Dave Berry) btw.

I also met his sister , ( forget her name now ) Tried to get a date but got the knock back as usual .)