Where to go for a day out (Today 3rd Oct)

anniec

Hi all,

My mum is visiting me from Glasgow and I'd like to take her out today. We went to Bakewell yesterday which was lovely.

I only recently learnt to drive so this is the first time I've been able to take her places and she can see more of the lovely countryside and the nice places we live near.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere for us. I live in Crookes and I don't know Sheffield (or the surrounding areas) to well so needs to be well sign posted or easy to access.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wentworth Garden Centre which ahs stuff for the kids, shops, cafe and some minor mooching space.

The Dukeries, if you can remember how to get there? And we really have to plan our trip there this year.

Fox House for tea? Easy peasy from your house.

I would REALLY like to take her to cocoa but obviously not with an 18 month old with an aversion to the word no.

Where is fox house? and as for the dukeries, there is not a cat in hells chance I could remeber how to get there, I can't even remember what town it's in lol

we always used to go to foxhouse walking.........i cant remember thee way now i was only a kid when we used to go......isnt it through dore / totley?

ive just been to the beach with the kids and dog, its a bit windy tho and there was sandstorms lol, also it started chucking it down halfway so got wet too

If you've just started driving can I suggest you buy one of those big map books you see in garages, book shops and supermarkets.

They are really simple to follow and large scale enough to spot places of interest.

Finding your way around is mostly a matter of confidence and practise.

Basically, head west on any road out of Sheffield and you'll hit the peak district with it's beautifull countryside and villages. South/South west is Derbyshire, also beautiful. If you want to go further afield, the M1 heads north/south and the M62 goes East/West.

You can also get directions to places on Google Maps.

Archived