Henry's/City bar to re open?

1960boy

Brilliant....Just watch how quick it sells out compared to the others.

I was in Henry's on Saturday and Sunday and the beer selection was excellent: a good number of low gravity session beers, pale and amber, and a dark ale on one of the pumps :)

Whilst I like a pint of Jaipur, at 5.9%, I wouldn't want more than a couple!

thought it was up for demolition...if it goes ahead, the whole city refurb project must have been scrapped completely...HOORAY!!!!!! The Sportsman, Lions Lair, all those lovely old buildings inc the Casbah, will be SAVED!!!!

I never thought that Sevenstone stood a snowball in hell's chance of coming to fruition. Perhaps some of the older buildings that were given the thumbs down by our city fathers might just survive by default. ;)

I've been in Henry's a few times and initially was really impressed by the decoration and choice of drinks. All the staff seem really nice and chatty. However, when I was there around Easter, the manager sacked a barman right in front of the customers. It didn't seem like he had done anything wrong as they were just talking normally. I felt so sorry for the poor guy, he didn't seem to know what to do with himself. I don't know what he had done but I would have thought something like this would have been best done in private. I've not been in since and don't plan on going in again if this is the level of respect they show their staff

I've been in Henry's a few times and initially was really impressed by the decoration and choice of drinks. All the staff seem really nice and chatty. However, when I was there around Easter, the manager sacked a barman right in front of the customers. It didn't seem like he had done anything wrong as they were just talking normally. I felt so sorry for the poor guy, he didn't seem to know what to do with himself. I don't know what he had done but I would have thought something like this would have been best done in private. I've not been in since and don't plan on going in again if this is the level of respect they show their staff

disgraceful.

Due to popular demand, we are now serving Jaipur! Enjoy!

Finally I've had a pint here.

I've been in and walked out again a couple of times because the choice was all much of a muchness.

This time though they had Jaipur.

Credit where it's due.....That was as nice a pint of Jaipur as I've ever had, it was just the right temperature and nice and creamy.

We also stayed for an Old Peculiar which was also excellently kept.

The barmaid told me the Jaipur will probably be on permanently......I will be back for more!!!

Regards

Doom

what do you mean?

The guys I go out with tend to enjoy the stronger beers (5%+) because they usually have more taste.

When we've previously been in Henry's all the beers have been between 3 - 5%, therefore we've not bothered.

Now it looks like they have the mighty Jaipur on as a regular we'll frequent the place more often.

Hopefully they'll also put a few other strong beers on, like Gorlovka and St Petersburg stout to go with the Jaipur.

I have to say it again, that pint of Jaipur last night hit the spot perfectly for me, it hardly touched the sides. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

The guys I go out with tend to enjoy the stronger beers (5%+) because they usually have more taste.

When we've previously been in Henry's all the beers have been between 3 - 5%, therefore we've not bothered.

You appear to be letting the strength of the beer completely dictate your drinking habits. Whilst preferring strong beers is absolutely fine, "not bothering" because the beers are <5% seems strange. There are a lot of beers in this range with a plethora of 'taste'. Why don't you ask to taste a couple, or even three, before you dismiss them, rather than dismissing them so readily?

Archived