Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

Warra bout mi lads...Phil Murray And The Boys From Bury.....................still going strong!

I remember being in the boozer on Fox Hill in mid 80's when Stan was running it. PM and the BFB were playing and allowed my very drunk mate who was our ad-hoc singer on stage to do "Twist and SHout" with them, he kept forgetting the words and repeating same verse over and over until we draggd him off- Laugh? I nearly passed me fags round!

Andy Cook was the Dylans drummer with curly hair.

I think the practice rooms we're on about were behind the shops just down from the Limit -they're all demolished now.

I don't remember any of Pete's bands rehearsing there but I still imagine I can hear The Plague Dogs every time I come out of The Dog and Partridge.

To get into those rooms you went through an archway next to a late night chippy that sold sloppy curry and chips which everybody then spilled falling up the very dangerous stairs.

They were owned by an albino fella who also had the jewelers on the front.

I remember the smallest practice room door in the world up on the roof - just big enough to get a 4x12 cab through.

It was obligatory for all bands rehearsing there to do an "urban decay" stlye photo amongst to bits of rusty broken manchinery in the yard and there were rats too.

Until Geg ate them all.

Funnily enough I was in Pig 64 as well, playing guitar.

They mutated into a band called Sticki, and might have had a couple of other names after that. Matt (violin player) now plays solo with loops etc under the name Sieben, and Jane (the aforementioned bass player) is now playing bass for Chicken Legs Weaver.

To get into those rooms you went through an archway next to a late night chippy that sold sloppy curry and chips which everybody then spilled falling up the very dangerous stairs.

They were owned by an albino fella who also had the jewelers on the front.

sounds like a different room!

fcs (and plague dogs) rehearsed at bailey street in the attic, and the happening men/ dylans crowd were on the ground floor for a while.

:)

Matt's put some nights on at the Lantern Theatre in Nether Edge recently - I remember him from The Glass Hammers - pre-Pig64 but already that swirling violin sound.

the glass hammers!

i remember them. never liked the name! didn't they play the leadmill in 1989?

sounds like a different room!

fcs rehearsed at bailey street in the attic, and the happening men/ dylans crowd were on the ground floor for a while.

:)

re;Practice rooms behind Limit, I been up those rickety stairs and accross the roof with a Carlsboro cab that weighed more than I did:help: , and all the time expecting roof to cave in. Also there was no mortar between the bricks in the practice rooms, which was a bit worrying when the wind got up.

What was the name of that Bass player from glass Hammers anybody?- he was good.