Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

just to thread steal, im looking for a punky singer for a new band... wildhearts kinda punky rock style. :) pass on any details if you know anyone. ta!

p.s. do WORM fall into the bracket of pre 1996?.. i saw them last week at rother valley and apparantly they av been around a while..much better live then on their myspace i thought

just to thread steal, im looking for a punky singer for a new band... wildhearts kinda punky rock style. :) pass on any details if you know anyone. ta!

p.s. do WORM fall into the bracket of pre 1996?.. i saw them last week at rother valley and apparantly they av been around a while..much better live then on their myspace i thought

well theres no hard or fast rules :)

as long as theyre forgotten in the great scheme of things...ala human league, pulp, artic monkeys type fame

Hi Mel, can you respond if online?

I found your thread on punk bands in the 80's and your mention of systematic annexe....

i was the bass player and mark the guitarist is my best mate to this day. sadly, all we have to show for our work, is a copy each of the conflict compilation album we are on... i saw a thread where you said youd put some of our stuff onto cd... is it live ? anything you have, i will gladly pay you for the trouble, miffy will be well chuffed as well....

ade

Hi Mel, can you respond if online?

I found your thread on punk bands in the 80's and your mention of systematic annexe....

i was the bass player and mark the guitarist is my best mate to this day. sadly, all we have to show for our work, is a copy each of the conflict compilation album we are on... i saw a thread where you said youd put some of our stuff onto cd... is it live ? anything you have, i will gladly pay you for the trouble, miffy will be well chuffed as well....

ade

woooh lol

when i saw the name death trades i thought, nah cant be

but it is...systematic annex related :P

ade ive pmed you.......with a link to the demo i uploaded a while back :)

seems strange giving a member of the band back his own demo lol, suppose thats what you call legal uploading?

anyway if you wanna contribute to my punk metal bands history thread feel welcome, and if you have any photos of the band, i wouldnt mind seeing em :P

I last saw Kev in St.Ives around 1995, just bumped into him ... I know Mark still sees Shaun around Sheffield at weekends, did you know Mark miffy Smith as well then?

i tried the link to that zip file, but my download manager's telling me it doent exist....thanks for offering though

LOL... sorry, but my keyboard is playing up so i cant type brackets , exclamations etc...

yep, the username was hopefully a giveaway, i was trying too choose from the songs i remember:

death trades

resist to exist

i wonder

by 1986, i'd left the band and Kev stopped talking to me up until i bumped into him in 1995... i live in devon now, but i keep in touch with mark and have a boozy session everytime i visit him.

hmmmmm

those kind of sites dont like download managers

i use the one with firefox, works fine, keep trying

if not let us know and ill try and get it to you again

not sure i knew mark, maybe

tbh this should all be in the punk metal thread in the history section :P

is there anychance you can do us a bit of history on the band that you can remmember.

as its a band i remember but dont know much about

line up changes, any gigs you remember, any other bands shared the practice room (behind the com centre in woodhouse if i remember rightly) i remmeber being scared as a kid and seeing in their with all the punk posters all over the walls :P

I'll try firefox... mmm I'm gonna have to kickstart them memory a bit here...just for starters, i remember Mick from the centre driving us to London, where we did a gig with around a dozen other bands. It had been organised by CONFLICT and i think it was in Gloders Green? or Lewisham? the pub was the Togers Head anyway.

After our set, Mark and Shaun went to the toilets and a couple of big guys dressed in black came in behind the, first they thought they were gonna get a kicking, until one of them introduced themselves as members of conflict and that they wanted to put us on their Mortarhate compilation.

I also remember being offered a slot at a festival at the marcus Garvey centre in Nottingham , by Flux of pink indians....as me and kev were well into them, i was wetting myself about doing a gig with them...Mark was more a Rudimentary Peni fan. We sat in a corner of the hall all day, sat with the poet Joolz, buit no-one approached us....watched Flux do their bit... watched a few more...Crass came on...Chumbawamba went on....then Kev got peed off and went to find Colin from Flux...only to be told that unfortunately, the owners had been asked to wind the event down and no more bands were going on.....aaaaaaghhhhhhhh.

We used to support Chumbawamba, before they went Tubthumping and occupied the peace church just up from Sheffield cathedral ...I remember a reggae band going on before us and shorting out the P.A LOL... then a guy turns up and gets a silver foil wrapper from a Wrigleys and rolls it tight....then puts it in the plug for the P.A- then we went on...i was cacking myself.